18.

❇ Rachel's POV ❇

I placed the tip of my index finger over the section for wedding gowns and traced the outline of the intricate design of my dream wedding gown.

I let out a soft sigh as my eyes briefly scanned the clock hanging on the wall. It has been forty minutes since I sat on this comfy chair. It's not like I'm complaining about the air conditioning blowing right above me or the classical music playing in the background.

Time passes really slow when we are waiting for someone. I flipped over to reveal the cover of the magazine which I have been browsing through for quite some time.

"Ella, are you done? You've been trying on clothes since forever." I asked her as soon as I stepped into the changing area.

"Okay, gimme five more minutes alright?"

"You mean like 50 more minutes right?"

Ella pulled open the curtain to reveal that she was wearing a stunning dress. A sheepish grin was gracing her features as she twirled around for me to have a good view of her dress.

"So, how about this dress?"

"Just like the previous ones you've tried. You look gorgeous in it."

"Rach, you're not helping at all. How am I suppose to choose when you give the same comment for all the dresses?" Ella pouted as she turned around to look at the mirror.

"Why not you buy all of it?" I raised an eyebrow and one side of my lip twitched up into a smirk.

"Are you insane?! Do you know how expensive these dresses are?"

I chuckled when Ella turned to face me with a very surprised look. Both of her hands were gesturing towards the direction of the dresses.

"Alright alright, I honestly think you look better in that dress." I pointed to the middle dress and Ella's gaze followed to where I was pointing.

"Hmm.. Okay, I'll be out in five minutes. I mean it!" Ella added in a high-pitched voice because she noticed that I rolled my eyes, doubting she would be ready in five minutes.

I raised both of my hands in surrender and walked out of the changing area. I plopped myself back to the comfy seat, at the same time, reaching for my cup of water.

While waiting for Ella, the magazine for wedding gowns really helped me a lot in deciding what I would want to wear on my wedding day. I have searched online where those gowns could be found. My thumb tapped on Gavin's name and I expected to hear the dialing tone ringing into my ear. However, I was greeted with this message instead.

"We're sorry; you have reached a number that is no longer in service. If you feel you have reached this recording in error, please check the number and try your call again."

I stared at my smartphone in disbelief and tried Gavin's number again. But, the recorded message repeated over and over again. My palm was sweating as I felt uneasy about the fact that I could not get hold of Gavin. I ran a ran through my hair and successfully messed it up. Ella came out of the changing area and immediately sat down beside me.

"Rach, what's wrong?" Ella asked with concern lacing in her tone.

"I.. Gavin.. He cancelled his phone line. I mean, he didn't even tell me about it."

"Did you try calling his office?"

"No.. I'll try it now."

I quickly dialed Gavin's office number and greeted by the familiar tone of his secretary.