22.

❇ Rachel's POV ❇

"I'm sure the long pink chiffon maxi skirt is in here somewhere.." I muttered as my hands rummaged through the drawer.

"Ah! Here it is!" I let out a breath of relief as the skirt was in sight.

Now, all I have to do was to find something to pair with the long pink chiffon maxi skirt. Giving the clock a brief glance, I realised there wasn't a lot of time to think. Greg would be here any minute.

To stop dwelling on the subject of my clothing, I quickly grabbed a white long sleeve crop top and put it on. After applying some lipstick and tying up my hair into a ponytail, I left the apartment.

Seeing that Greg have not reach yet, I relaxed a little. I didn't really like to let others wait for me, it just didn't feel right. I stood outside my apartment building to wait for Greg.

At exactly 7pm, Greg's car stopped in front of me. I was having a mental debate whether I should take the passenger seat. Frustrated at how indecisive I was this evening, I opened the passenger seat door.

"I thought you fainted at the sight of my new car." Greg quipped with a playful wink.

"Oh. I didn't notice you changed car." I replied honestly and sadness was evident in Greg's light brown eyes.

"I guess my new car isn't flashy enough." Greg said dryly as he drove out to pick up Katie and Bianca.

"Greg.. I.." I stammered as it was not my intention to offend Greg.

"Relax. I was just joking." Greg chuckled while giving me a sideway glance. "You look beautiful tonight," he said.

I looked away nervously, but could not hide the red glow that came over my face. Greg rarely compliment anyone, he seemed to do that quite often these days. To me.

"Um, thanks. You look handsome tonight too." I politely responded with a smile.

"Rachel," Greg started. He only continued when I turned to face him. "I was wondering if you're free next Saturday?"

"Why?" I answered him with a question of my own. I was purely curious because Greg had been asking me out for a couple of times. I also politely declined him every time he asked. I explained to him before why I did that, yet he was still so persistent.

"You're not making this easy for me, aren't you?" Greg bit back a sigh as he glued his gaze to the road.

"Greg, you know that I'm not ready for any relationship commitment."

"It's been 3 years, Rachel! God damn it." Greg tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

"So?" My jaw clenched in irritation. Greg gave me an audible sigh as he knew the conversation wasn't going the way he wanted.

"Look, I'm sorry for the bad attitude," I said.

"So, you're free this Saturday?" Greg shot me a hopefully look and I didn't have the heart to disappoint him. A small nod was all Greg needed as a full blown grin was etched on his face.

Within minutes, we have reached Katie's 2 storey cottage house and she was standing at the porch. Greg honked the car to get her attention.

Bianca, who live a few houses down from Katie's. I could see her walking at a very fast speed. I lowered the window and stuck out my hand to wave at her. A smile lit up Bianca's face as she saw me.

"Hey! How long did you guys wait?" Bianca asked when she reached the car, a little out of breath. Katie was already in the car and gestured for Bianca to get in.