15.

⭐ Zachary's POV ⭐

The whole place was blasting loud music and most of the people were dancing like crazy. I squinted my eyes to scan through the crowd and still could not spot Eva. Before Dylan and Helen left for their honeymoon, they booked a bar for the guests to relax. All of us went back to have a change of clothes before meeting at this place.

Quite a number of people from our cohort were invited by Dylan and Helen. It was definitely nice to see familiar faces after living in another city for such a long time.

Eva was ecstatic when she had caught the flower. She immediately ran up to me with a bright smile, I have not seen for ages. I congratulated her as she took out her smartphone to take a selfie. Without a doubt, Eva wanted to tell all her friends through Instagram.

Now, here's the weird part. Eva's happy mood had a drastic change out of nowhere. Slow music was being played and all the couples were on the dancing floor. I held out my hand for Eva, which was obvious that I wanted to have a dance with her. But, she stomped out of the bar, not so much as a glance on my hand.

Clearly, I was bewildered by her sudden mood swing. Ella saw what happened as she patted my back while giving me a small smile. I simply shrugged and went to get a drink for myself. I would feel annoyed whenever Eva treated me like I was nothing to her.

The loud music was adjusted to a lower volume and Jake was trying to get everyone's attention by using a spoon to tap on the cup repeatedly.

The sudden change in volume and with Jake's persistence, the whole room was remarkably quieter within minutes.

"Hey, guys. How have you been for the past ten years?" Jake greeted warmly and there were a few responses thrown to him.

"I bet you guys missed me terribly."

Laughter reverberated around the enclosed room, which made Jake shot everyone a cheeky grin.

"Like real!" I shouted an answer from the back and the reaction I had gotten was similar to Jake's.

"Honestly, Zach. I don't give a damn." Jake winked at me before carrying on with what he planned to do.

Jake was signalling to Nicole and the lights were dimmed. There was a bright light shining from a screen on the right. All of our attention was cast to that direction.

Photos of our graduation night started filling up the screen. When a candid picture of Dylan, who was about to take a sip of his drink came out everyone burst out in laughter. Actually, the funny part was Jake posed for the camera. But, the camera shot him in the middle of his posing.

"Hey, who the hell chose that photo?" Jake questioned as he shot a look to his left.

Memories flooded all of our minds as the photos were taking turns to appear on the screen. My smartphone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out to find a text from Eva.

Eva : I have to get back to the office. See you when you're back home.

I had to rub my eyes to confirm if it was playing tricks on me. However, Eva's message was staring back at me bright and clear. Eva definitely lied about going back to her work. She never works during the weekend, neither was the company.

Zachary : Eva, where are you?

I anxiously waited for a reply as my fingers drummed rather loudly on the table. I was not in the mood to know whatever that was happening in the bar. Laughter and chatter were surrounding me, but I was in my own zone. My mind was completely isolated from everyone else's.