Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

Hunter's POV

I had regained consciousness.. Kind of.. All I really knew was that I was in a stretcher and people were rushing around me. Everything was a blur, and I could see the scared expression plastered all over the doctors faces, and I saw their mouths moving, but I heard no sound. I knew they were yelling... There was someone next to me, and I squinted to try to see, because my vision was still blurred. 

"Ke...Kellin?" I whispered, my voice sounding so small and hoarse.

I heard him speak. "Sshh Hunter. We're going to fix you. Just, lay back and keep fighting baby girl. Please." And a tear slid down his cheek. I wondered why I could only hear him and no one else. 

But I layed my head back down on the pillow, and everything went black, yet again.

Kellin's POV

I watched her lay still in the hospital bed. I stared ar her wrapped up wrists, and cried. I sat in a chair and just cried.

Why does this keep happening!?!? It happens contantly! What am I going to do? I can't keep living like this! There's always that scare and I don't know how I can deal with this...

She shivered. And I heard a groan erupt from her throat. I jumped up, and stood at her bedside. 

"Kellin?" It was Justin. The guys were all standing behind him.

"Oh. Hey guys." She whispered hoarsely to us all. She struggled a small smile, which made me grina bit. She's the kind of girl that could have tears streaming down her face but still insist that she's okay. I love her..

Justin nudged me out of the way and put his hand on Hunter's face, and stared at her. She looked up at him, and kept her blank, expressionless look on her face. "Sweetie, what's wrong? Talk to me babe." He cooed gently at her. It made me sick. But no response from her. Just that blank stare into his eyes.

"Kellin.." She whispered. Justin turned and glared at me, and slowly back away from her, crossing his arms across his chest. I walked over to her, and she motioned for me to come closer.

Her mouth was by my ear, and I felt a warm breath and a soft whisper tingle my ear. "Kellin. I love you. I.. If I get through this, I promise, it'll be the.. the last time I try."

I was shocked. Thrilled, but very shocked. And a little scared. What brought this on? Does she think she's not going to survive this? But what if she's just saying that.. How could I be sure.

"Do you.. do you promise me? You won't cut. You won't try to kill yourself again? You won't..."

"No. I won't."

"Promise me Hunter."

She pushed my head away slowly, and turned it so that i was facing her. I looked into her eyes, and she squinted them, as if she was really thinking. 

"Then you promise me Kellin. You promise me too."

Now this, this took me back. Well, if she promised me, I suppose I can promise her.

"I... I promise."

"Promise what.?"

"Come on Hun..."

"Kellin, I'm serious."

"I promise I won't cut or try to kill myself. I promise I'll love you and take care of you and make sure noting hurts you. I promise I love you."

She smiled. "Good."

I smirked at her quirky little grin. "Now your turn."

"I promise I won't cut or try to kill myself. If I live Kellin... If I live. I promise... I promise I want you and only you..." She glanced over at Justin, then looked down at her hands, playing with them.

He sigh and walked back over to the bedside. Stroking her leg through the blanket, he gave a sad smile. "I just want you to be happy Hunter. And if it's with Kellin.. I guess I just have to live with it."

She sigh, and sunk back into her pillow, closing her eyes. I watched her for a breif moment, and just couldn't believe everything that was happening. It seemed unreal. 

I walked over to the chair, and the rest of the guys decided to walk over to the hospital cafeteria. Sitting down felt so great, and I was exhausted. More so than I actually realized. And before I knew it, I was asleep.

Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

It was going blank. The heart monitor. It woke me up, and I was startled. I didn't know what to do. I just started running around screaming for doctors and nurses.

Finally one doctor came running into the room and began doing things that I have no idea what they are... He yelled for a nurse, and a short older woman came running in pushing a stretcher. He lifted her onto it and began running out the door.

"Wait! Where are you taking her? What's going on? What are you doing?" I was now running alongside the doctor and stretcher with one true love in it.

"Son. You have to make way. We have to take her to emergency surgery now!"

"But then will she be okay?"

He hesitated for a moment. "I don't know kid. This surgery.. It doesn't always work..." 

I stopped dead in my tracks. His words rang through my head as I watched him and the nurse fly down the hall, and turn the corner.

"This surgery.. It doesn't always work..."