Chapter 22 - Bravery and Baking

A/N: OMG IT FEELS LIKE SO LONG! I'm so sorry! As predicted since I've started school I don't write as much. But don't worry! As soon as I'm done with chapters I'll post them! I'm still writing! Just not as quickly!

Ok, I hope you enjoy this chapter! It's kinda a filler but I hope it's ok and not too cheesy!

************

Chapter 22 - Bravery and Baking

*Abby's POV*

"Oh my God, Abby!" Ally's voice and a slamming door is what wakes me up. I jump from Niall's arms, finally waking him up. "Abby! I'm so sorry, babe!" she yells and hugs me tightly. "I can't believe that happened to you, I feel so bad. I wanted to stay with you so bad last night, but I wanted to give you time with Niall, and-"

"ALLY! Stop, it's ok!" I interrupt her because she's rambling and starting to cry. "I'm ok!"

"You should know," she starts, pulling away and wiping her eyes. "I kicked that douche bag straight in the balls. You should've seen that arse wimper," she says and I giggle.

Oh, Ally. Always making me laugh. I guess that's why her and Louis are so perfect.

Louis arrives a little later, hugging me tightly. Louis is a great friend, I'm really lucky to have him.

The four of us stay at my place the entire day. I don't know whether to puke or cry at how cute Ally and Louis are around each other. He constantly has his arm around her, holding her close. He's always whispering things in her ear to make her giggle. She sits on his lap a lot, and their hands are rarely untwined. It's adorable! It is! Louis and Ally are my favorite couple ever! I just wish I had what they do.

There is something different in the way we're hanging out today though. It's the way Niall and I are acting towards each other. I'm always in some kind of contact with him. Since last night, I've been kind of clingy. I just feel so comfortable, so safe, when I'm with him, when I'm in his arms. So I've been staying in them, and he doesn't mind. He holds me whenever I want to be held, which is most of the time. Right now I can use the excuse that it's because of what happened last night, (I am still kind of jumpy) but I don't know what I'll do when I can't use that excuse anymore. I'm getting comfortable with him, and when this whole Matt situation blows over, I'll have no reason to be so clingy. It feels so natural in Niall's arms, I'm gonna miss that when I have to stop.

I'm giving myself to the end of the weekend. Once that comes, no more cuddling with Niall. It's gonna be hard to stop since I've gotten so used to it. I'm starting to like it. I don't know why. It's just that it feels so nice around him.

That's why when Ally and Louis leave my house, and Niall and I are cuddling on the couch, I allow myself to fall asleep with him again.

********************************************

"Abby..." Niall calls softly.

"Mmm," I mumble. It's too early. Actually, I don't know what time it is, but I'm still tired so it's too early.

I crawl onto his lap and nuzzle my head in his neck, closing my eyes again.

"Abby, I was hoping we could talk," he says. I don't want to talk. I've gotten away with not talking to him since Friday night. I know what he's gonna say, and I'm scared of that conversation. He doesn't wait for me to reply to keep talking. "It's just you haven't been pushing me away lately, and we've been really close," he starts and I can tell he's nervous. "I was just wondering where this is going. Where is all of this taking us? Because if you want, I would love to maybe make a relationship out of this." Holy shit, what? Niall wants to be with me? I thought he cared for me like a friend at most. I thought all of this was just him comforting me since what happened Friday. All I thought he was going to say was something like "Are you acting this way with me because you actually have feelings for me?" I NEVER thought this was coming. "I really like you, Abby. I've fancied you for a while now. Do-Do you maybe wanna go out with me?" he asks and I don't say anything. I can't. What am I supposed to say? I never planned on this going anywhere.