Chie's new inner conflict

September 20th. On the pathway to school.

Chie, Souji, and Yukiko were walking to school together, discussing Naoto's condition.

"So she's just gonna need a lot of time then?" Chie asked.

"Yeah, she was still breathing heavily even after we left her. It looks like effects of the TV World are exhausting non-Persona-users more and more lately." Yukiko said with a pondering tone.

"Yeah, you know is it just me or is the Fog getting a bit thicker in there? Maybe I'm just over-thinking stuff again..." Chie questioned to both the couple and herself.

"Hey, Chie!" a familiar city boy voice called out.

"Oh that's right, I'm on duty today. I need to hustle onto class." Chie suddenly remembered. "I gotta go. Laters!" Chie darted off in a hurry as soon as she heard the voice call out to her.

"Damn it, not again." Yosuke panted as he caught up to Souji and Yukiko.

"Something happen between you two?" Souji asked.

"Yeah... Look you two free during lunch?" Yosuke asked in an almost pleading type of tone. The couple nodded and Yosuke breathed a sigh of relief. The three walked to class like normal and Souji walked into the classroom first to see how Chie was acting.

"Hey Chie-"

"Oh Souji-kun, can I speak to you after school. It's kinda important." Chie cut his greeting off with a troubled yet serious expression.

"Um... Yeah, sure." Souji agreed with his signature faint smile.

"Thanks, you're a life saver. Anyway, I'll be waiting for you on the roof like always okay? Don't say this to anyone! And especially Yosuke, ok?"

The morning classes went by normally. But it did feel awkward with those Chie would try to avoid turning around and getting caught in Yosuke's eyesight.

Lunchtime; the School rooftop.

"You did what?" Yukiko gasped.

"Wow partner, you seem to surprise me more and more every day; first you take her to the festival and now this? I'm very proud of you." Souji smirked as he clapped slowly.

"D-Dude, stop that crap right now, I don't need that considering the trouble I'm in." Yosuke stammered. "Anyway, yeah after all that, she just up and kissed me for some reason. To be honest, I still can't figure out why."

"Hmm, well she asked if I can speak with her after school. She's likely going to tell me this knowing her. I'll see what I can do for this." Souji said with a faint smile.

"Thanks bro, I owe you!" Yosuke thanked with a big smile of joy and relief. "Um Yukiko-san, think you can help me with something after school? It's about something you said you'd help me with a long time ago."

"Um, I don't remember what you're talking about but, I don't mind." Yukiko said with a smile.

"Thanks, I owe you too." Yosuke bowed in gratitude. "Crap, I need to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back." Yosuke realized and he jetted off to the third floor bathrooms.

"Yukiko, I have a plan... think you're up for it?" Souji asked after Yosuke went downstairs.

"Sure, what do you have in mind?"

"You see I want you to try to push Yosuke into asking Chie out, maybe not call it a 'date' but I plan to do that with Chie, so if we can get them both into the mindset perhaps they can see each other and possibly pull through this."

"Hmm... It's worth a shot. Sure, I'll see what I can do." Yukiko happily agreed.

"Thank you Yukiko." Souji thanked as he took Yukiko in for a quick kiss. "Now then, lunch is almost over, shall I escort you to class?"