Max SLink: Priestress

It was the long awaited day. Souji had been waiting for this. Perhaps not the day specifically, but today was the day Yukiko was going to his room. He's already been to hers, so it would be only fair for her to see his; however, he had been long anticipating this for some reason. There was something that he felt Yukiko deserved to know.

Yukiko on the other hand was already waiting at their rendezvous point, where they usually meet up on days off from school, the bookstore. She too, had been waiting for this. Today was the day she was to see his room. And, the day she would confess her true feelings to him. Not as romantic interests, but that of love. Yes; she had finally realized she didn't just like him, she has fallen in love with him. She herself was not sure what triggered her interests to spike up to that point, but she could feel it in her heart and that was all that mattered.

Souji had already arrived for her, but she was still deep in thought, planning on how to tell him that she did not notice his presence.

"Oh... Souji-kun." Yukiko caught on while in a bit of a surprise. "Haha... I feel kind of embarrassed. D-Do you want to go somewhere?" She was in so much of a surprise it looked like she forgot where she wanted to go.

"Of course." Souji nodded.

"O-Okay. Thank goodness." Yukiko sighed in relief. "U-Umm! Well... If it's okay with you, umm..." Yukiko trailed off while there was an awkward pause for a moment. "I-I want to go to... your room." A very embarrassed Yukiko finally mustered up her courage and requested to Souji. It was much more nerve-wracking to say that in person than over the phone.

Souji only nodded and walked her to his home while holding her hand, making small talk along the way.

Souji's room. Dojima was still at work and Nanako went to visit one of her friends from school today.

Yukiko's eyes began exploring everything about his room. Analyzing anything she found to her interest.

"So... this is your room." Yukiko talked aloud to herself before going silent. "O-Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to look around... It's just that this is the first time I've been to a boy's room." Yukiko apologized as she looked around again while trying to think of something else to say.

"Oh, you sleep on a futon, I see. I use a futon, too..." Yukiko said as she closed her eyes for a moment and said, "Umm, sorry... I don't know what to talk about..."

"Is the futon good with you?" Souji jokingly asked.

"Huh?" Yukiko gasped wondering what Souji meant, but it seemed the joke had eluded her. "Oh, do y-y-you mean to sit? Anywhere is fine... I-I'm... fine with anything. You don't need to worry about me." Yukiko said as her face grew bright red. The two sat down on the couch where Souji usually reads his books in his free time and relaxed for a bit.

"Oh, yes. I'm still studying, cooking, and working on job licenses. I don't plan to leave anymore, but I thought I might as well. ...I'm glad I realized sooner." Yukiko said as she looked down with a smile. If I'd struck out on my own, I know I would have regretted it." Yukiko then turned her head to look back at Souji. "I wanted to become completely self-sufficient. But I think I was being presumptuous. I have the inn, I have my family, and I have the waitresses and chefs... I am who I am now because I was raised by such a kind group. When I think of it that way, my problems aren't just my own. That's why... I'm going to stay here... by my own will."

"That's good, I'm happy to hear you say that." As Souji says that, everything fades to black. Only Yukiko stands before him and her Persona appears behind her. She has overcome her weakness and her Persona has been reborn. Konohana Sakuya has transfigured into Amaterasu. And then everything went back to its original state. They were sitting on the couch again still looking at each other.

"This is... my new power...?" Yukiko questioned to herself. "The power you've shown to me... Power I will treasure." Yukiko accepted as she stood up again with Souji to follow. "I want you to have this." She handed Souji a Shrine Charm. "It's a charm from the shrine... to protect you."

"You'll protect me." Souji responded.

"I want to, but..." Yukiko smiled sadly. "I'm staying here... This charm will protect you in my place. Then... we'll always be together." Yukiko said as her voice trembled and face turned red again.

"Souji-kun..." Yukiko said as she grew quiet again for a moment. "I love you."

Yukiko confessed her pure and simple love to Souji. The bond between the two had reached a strong level. It could not be broken.

"Umm... Sh-Sheesh... Don't stare so much at me." Yukiko smiled as her face continued to glow red. Souji then walked up to her and gave her a warm embrace, leaving a surprised Yukiko completely off guard.

"Yukiko... I love you too..." Souji confessed.

"I'm... so happy to hear you say that to me Souji-kun." Yukiko smiled as she accepted him. This was the closest she's ever been to him. She savored every bit of this moment, from feeling the beat of his own heart against her chest, to his city-like scent; everything.

"Yukiko... I wanted to express my love for you for a while as well, but there was something else I want to say."

"What do you want to tell me?" Yukiko said as she continued to hold him, as if she did not want him to let go of her.

"You... got through to me. Your warmth, care, and love reached through and melted the ice that encircled my heart. I always pushed people away all my life. Because I knew I would leave them one day, I thought they would forget about me, and I would feel the pain of losing them; I feared that, so I just never bothered with anyone." Souji confided. "When I came here and met everyone though, that mind set I always had begun to change. When I met you and grew to love you, it went away. Now I think, 'It's alright now to care. I will always have people to come back to. I'll never forget them and they... will never forget me.' I have you to thank for making me feel this way. Thank you Yukiko, I love you so much."

"I... I don't know what to say. I'm glad... to hear that." Yukiko couldn't say much to that indeed. This was the first time he had revealed a weakness of his to anyone, but unlike other people, she would never exploit that, instead she would help him overcome it, just like he did with her own. "Then I help you get through this just like you helped me?"

"I'd love that. Especially because it's you who will be helping me." Souji smiled as held Yukiko tighter as the moment grew more loving and silent.

"Can I say it again...?" Yukiko suddenly asked, breaking the silence.

"Of course you can... as many times as you want." Souji confirmed.

"Souji-kun... I love you."