Will you be my girlfriend?

On the night of July 12th, Yukiko received a call from Souji.

"Hello, this is Yukiko. Is there something you wish to ask me Souji-kun?"

"Yes; tomorrow are you up for having lunch with me?"

"Sure! I'd love to!"

"I'm glad to hear that. Thank you Yukiko, and there's something I want to tell you..." Souji's words drifted off; this was a first for him.

"Souji-kun, there's something I would like to tell you as well... but can we save that for tomorrow perhaps?"

"Yes. I'd prefer that instead."

"Thank you, Souji-kun, but after school may we visit the shrine again? I don't want to make my prayers alone, especially after what happened a few days ago."

"That's fine with me. Anyway, it's late and you need your beauty sleep. Good night Yukiko."

"Good night Souji-kun, sleep well."

On the morning of July 13th. By the Samegawa river.

"S-Sorry, it's an emergency!" A familiar voice shouted from behind the transfer student. It was Yukiko as she forced herself under his umbrella. "Thank you. I couldn't find my umbrella this morning. It's odd, because I always have one in my bag. Did I use it when I was with Chie...?" Yukiko thought to herself.

"Are you trying to find an excuse to be close to me?" Souji jested.

"W-What? I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude. Now I'm a little nervous, what if people start to talk?"

"That's fine with me. Feel free to use my umbrella." As he put more of the umbrella over her head.

"R-Really? Thank you Souji-kun; if it's all right with you, I guess it is fine with me too... I'm just kidding. Though I hope it stops raining by the time school ends and before lunchtime as well. I still want to go to the shrine with you."

"I agree. I believe it should stop before lunchtime. Anyway, let's go to class, we don't need to be late."

During Lunchtime. Souji brought Yukiko to the roof for lunch and shared the dessert he made last night.

"Wow, this is good! Anyway, what was it you wanted to tell me Souji-kun?"

"I'd rather not say it here. I don't want other people to hear it. People will start spreading rumors and..." Souji's words slipped away again. "...This is something I want to tell you; you and only you." Souji then gave Yukiko a gentle, yet serious stare. "What about you, didn't you wish to tell me something as well?

Yukiko's heart had an idea of what it might have been, though it was hard for her to tell. She had to, for now, set that aside and assume it might have to do with his feelings for her and answer his question. "I-I'd like for this to wait as well. There's something I've realized after what happened a few days ago and I want you to know. And... There's something I want to tell you as well. But only you can hear it, o-okay?" Yukiko hesitantly asked while trying to look into Souji's cold eyes, yet this time they weren't cold. She could feel warmth from him, something that you also don't see from him every day.

"I understand. Well, let's head back to class already." Souji began to walk towards the door before stopping while Yukiko was catching up. "I'm really looking forward to speaking to you after school." Souji then turned around with a smile. "I want to tell you something I've wanted to tell you for a while now, but we'll talk about it after class."

After school, Yukiko brought Souji at the shrine to make their prayers.

"Are you going to wish for something too?"