Kunino-Sagiri

11/06

Compared the Reaper, the rest of the climb to the top was easy for the most part. The group took one more break before heading up to rescue Nanako; despite Souji wishing to save Nanako right away, Rise's constant monitoring of everyone's status overturned the leader's desire. Before they were to head out, a few of the Personas were having a discussion away from their owners.

"Hey, so have you two noticed?" Susano-o asked Amaterasu and Suzuka in a non-comical tone like usual.

"What, that you're being serious this time?" Suzuka sassed making Susano-o sigh.

"I'm talking about Izanagi. Haven't you noticed something different about him?"

"Do you mean his powers? They've grown exponentially since we last saw him." Amaterasu noted.

"Well, that's not what I meant. I mean, have you noticed he's said almost nothing at all? Not even glad to see us or anything?"

"He might not recognize us. We have changed too; but physically as well. He still looks the same."

"True, but I think even he should know that we are still mostly the same at heart. He's silent as..." Susano-o turned back to see if the team wasn't looking at them. "...how Souji was when we first met him. It's kinda scary."

"Well... maybe it's got something to do with this Nanako being the victim. They're saying it's basically his sister." Suzuka spoke trying to piece together information said by their owners.

"Yeah... I just hope he can be at least fifty percent back to himself. It's kinda eerie seeing him like this. But hey, at least his power is great. He virtually has no weakness!" Susano-o tried to change the subject.

"Um..."

"Is there something you'd like to say, Amaterasu-san?" Suzuka tried getting the words out of Amaterasu.

"Well, this is just a theory, but... What if our owners' moods reflect how we act?"

"What do you mean?" Susano-o's eyes shifted in confusion.

"Well, remember last time when Naoto-kun was kidnapped? Rakuten-Maoh-san was especially anxious to save her, just like Kanji-kun was."

"It sounds a little far-fetched, but you know... Back when Suzuka was Tomoe, she was also really pushy in terms of wanting to save Yukiko. She just rushed into danger like her master-Hey!" Suzuka smacked Susano-o on the back of his head, embarrassed of the past.

"...you might not be too far from the truth after all, Amatarasu." Suzuka agreed after having a moment in her thoughts.

"Really!?"

"Yeah, if we apply that to how Souji is feeling..."

"Then it makes perfect sense! That's his sister. Of course he's really upset by it! Maybe once we save Nanako, then they both might return to normal!" Amaterasu came to the same realization as the other two.

"Heheh, I think you might be on to something Amaterasu-chan." Susano-o gave a short laugh.

"Huh?"

"I think Yukiko's mood right now is reflecting on you a lot. I can hear the worry in your voice."

"What!?" Amaterasu turned away quickly.

"I hate saying this, but I actually agree with him." Suzuka shrugged.

"Wh-Why?"

"Yukiko's worried about her boyfriend, so it's not surprising you're worried for him and Izanagi too."