Chapter 1

Re-edited

No one's pov

The 18-year-old girl stared blankly at the light baby blue wall in front of her, her eyes were dull as her mind wandered off elsewhere. She kept an emotionless face on until she heard a soft crash in the attic which snapped her back to reality, with a sigh she stood up and grabbed a steel bat from her closet. She muttered things such as 'tch when will people learn?' and something along the lines of 'stupidass person'. Her footsteps were as light as a feather, barely making any sound as she climbed up towards the attic door.  An irritated sigh left her lips before proceeding to peek inside.

Lizzie's pov

"What in the name of Death are you doing here Candice?!" I whisper-yelled with one of my eyes twitching, not wanting to alert my 'parents' downstairs.

"Oh u-uhm.. I'm sorry Liz!! I just wanted to visit you, I didn't mean to startle you or anything I swear!!" The turquoise-haired female said, her eyes widened as she sweated profusely. She was shifting her weight on her feet as she scrambled to fix the fallen box that she had knocked over earlier. 

I shook my head, giving her a pointed stare indicating my disappointment. I knew she was lying by the way her body shook and how her lips quivered in nervousness, I raised my hand to rub my temples and placed the bat neatly to the side before facing her with a deadpan. Does this girl really think she can lie to me?

"Tsk. I know you're lying, Candice. Tell me the truth, what are you doing here?" I said with a slight frown.

"fine.. your dad asked me to give this to you... it's from my dad and yours." She mumbled handing me a delicately black wrapped box with a white ribbon neatly tied on top.

"Oh.. thanks... Is that all?" I asked, gazing at the wrapped box in curiosity before glancing at the nervous female in front of me.

" Yeah, that's all. I'll be going then," she said giving a lazy wave before disappearing in a cloud of blue smoke.

I hurried back to my room, clutching the wrapped-up present on one hand and the steel bat on the other. Upon reaching my room I briskly walked over to my closet and carefully stored the bat inside. With a small smile, I sat on the bed and gazed at the gift in wonder. I held the end of the ribbon before untying the bow and gently pulling off the wrapping, with a slightly hesitant hand I opened the box only to reveal 4 hoodies and a note. I gently placed the box beside me before taking the note and reading it...

To my sweet little reaper,
       How have you been doing these past few years sweet sweetheart? I still remember when you were still here.. you were only in your mother's womb at that time.. oh enough of that.. Your father bought three of those hoodies. He said you always wanted it in your dreams. The other one is from me... I hope you like it. It's made out of souls! Anyway, I need to go my dearest niece... Be safe and keep on being strong
                                                                                                                                                  From, your Uncle Hades

I smiled lightly as I took out my new hoodies. One was white striped with blue, the front said 'Sweet Angel' and It had angel wings printed on the back, the second one was black striped with red the front said 'Diabolical Devil' and on the back was printed devil wings, the third one was half white and half black the front said 'Sweet Diabolical Reaper' while the back had a printed skull, lastly a light brown hoodie that glistened with screaming souls.

"Thanks, dad and uncle.." I said with a little smile.

Knock knock

"The door's open," I spoke, turning my head towards the door to see my little sister hugging her stuffed bunny.