Chapter 34

Author's Pov

It was now night time, Lizzie laid asleep on her comfy bed her duvet overlapping her figure as she let out small quiet snores. Her dream felt vivid though, almost as if it was real even the way everything felt seemed real. Let's see, shall we?

Lizzie's Pov

Everything looked legitimate, Almost as if it was happening, The way the trees swayed along with the wind and the sound of birds chirping. Everything was fine at first but soon the scenery changed, the sky was colored a deep red, the trees were dead, and the sound of birds chirping was nothing more than the sound of hawks laughing at my fearful expression. I walked towards an opening, the sounds of sticks and leaves crunching beneath my boots sounded so existent, my red orbs landed on the grass beneath me, the green lively color was now painted and splattered with red. I backed away, horrified at the sight of a body lying dead in front of me, the familiar black silky strands of hair made my heart quicken its pace as the pale face of Jane appeared in my vision. Her throat slit open and her mouth opened seemingly screaming in despair. My vision soon hazed as I noticed my fellow pastas on the floor all coated in blood and lifeless, The sound of laughter mocked my ears as it irritated every single part of my body.

"Look at what will happen Elizabeth, You're weak! You can't save them! not even her!" Zalgo laughed, holding up a bundle of turquoise hair the action he made earned a loud hiss of pain from the girl.

"C-Candice! Let her go you bastard!! Let HER GO!!" I yelled, I tried to run to him but something prevented me from doing so, Candice's aqua eyes glossed over with tears some spilling out as she held her hand out.

"L-Lizzie-nee!!" She shouted, despair clearly evident from her voice as the demon held her hair tighter.

"Please!! S-save yourself!! Please!" She pleaded, My ruby orbs dilated as I stared at the black mists that encircled the two before they disappeared.

I shot up from my bed, cold beads of sweat falling down my face, my lips quivering as I glanced around my room. It was 3 in the morning but I decided to run down the hall of my house and gently opening my cousin's door revealing her form laying under her blankets and snoring quietly. A breath of relief escaped my mouth as all the air that I kept in were now freely escaping my lungs, I placed a hand over my heart and strolled over before sitting next to her. My hands gently combing her velvety turquoise hair, my thoughts soon drifted to my nightmare, it wasn't a nightmare nor a dream..it was a vision. I gritted my teeth in anger. That demon did a great job at messing my head up and fill my heart with vengeful desires, It was unbearable but I had to bottle it all up. He wanted me to come, he is so certain that he'd win but I know he can't.

"I'll make sure you pay Zalgo.. even if it takes my life I will behead you" I muttered under my breath, I sighed and stood up before sauntering out of Candice's room and making my way to the kitchen.

My throat felt dry and hoarse, my hair was still tousled and tangled about and it annoyed me to the slightest bit. After grabbing a glass of water, I run my hand down my baby pink hair straightening and flatting it out evenly. It was still early and I know for sure that I can't go back to sleep, with the last comb of my hair I went back to my room and showered before changing to a grey Nike hoodie, some black jeggings and some black and white Nike running shoes. It was a bit frosty outside, Unplugging my phone I opened it and connected my headphones to Bluetooth. As I walked outside I hastily played my playlist in shuffle before shoving my phone on my pocket. The cool air hit my face as I jogged in the woods, the trees swaying while leaves fell on the forest floor leaving a trail of little sticks and some mixture of dead and green leaves. It was relaxing, it was peaceful almost as if worry wasn't even invented in the world but that is just an imaginary thought, the world today is reckless and twisted. Humans destroying it little by little, The world is like a road it has so many twists and turns some even contain dead ends and yet they're still useful. Humanity is cruel to those who are at the bottom and fake to those who stay on the top, beggars and homeless children scattered about on the streets while rich, extravagant, spoiled people live their life like a child being pampered daily. They do reckless things not even thinking about the other people who suffer their consequences, their indifferent behaviors disgust me.