Chapter 35

Author's Pov

Lizzie has knelt on the floor, her shoulders shaking as tears fell down her eyes till they drop on to the wooden floor. The others looked at her in shock, They've never seen her so... fragile and pitiful. It was the first time she looked away from dead bodies with her eyes glinting in fright. Vivian hastily stood up and knelt beside the girl, draping her arm around her and side hugged her, She knew Lizzie. She never showed this side of her not unless she was truly hurt and afraid.

"What's wrong Lizzie-nee? You can do this right?" Little did Vivian know, Lizzie couldn't.

Lizzie's Pov 

My breath hitched at the word Vivian had uttered, that simple word struck my heart. I-I couldn't do this...Sniffling, I wiped my tears with the back of my hand before abruptly standing up.

"There's a difference between can and can't Vivi.. and I CAN'T do this... I'm a failure. I can't save anyone, I only cause them to hurt and be in danger... I can't do this" I replied, my voice cracking at some point as more tears welled up in my eyes.

"Lizzie...You can change the future with the correct choice..." Candice said reassuringly, A shadow cast itself on my eyes. Hiding my dull cyan tear-filled eyes, my hands balling to fist.

"What is it that you see in me?! I'm not strong!! I-I'm weak... I CAN'T EVEN SAVE ANYONE DEAR TO ME!! WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME?!" I bellowed, cyan turning to red before returning back to cyan, my hands shook as I balled them into a fist. I d-didn't mean to yell at them...

"Lizzie...You're one of the brightest, Talented and powerful child I've seen in this manner. Child, believe in yourself" Slenderman stated, the space where his mouth should be stretched into a smile while he helped me up.

"..." I couldn't utter a word, determination sparking inside my cyan orbs making it shine in encouragement.

"There's the smile we love!!" Candice said, linking her arm around my neck before laughing outrageously loud. I chuckled and smiled once again showing my sharp canines while my eyes closed.

Candice's Pov

She finally smiled which made me relieved, Honesty.. this was the very first time I've seen her so broken and helpless. Yes, I am very much aware of the situation I'll be on in the mere future. It's horrible, the way the sky was painted with red and the grass coated ground painted with blood, everyone that I knew and love laying on the floor lifeless in the most gruesome way. And Lizzie... She was in pain the most, the way her eyes dulled and looked like a broken mirror, how her lips quivered in fear, tears threatened to fall from her eyes. She was terrified and hopeless, It broke my heart to see her in the most horrendous way. Something in her broke, it was evident to her eyes that acted as a window into her soul. Something was missing, perhaps it was her faith and hope but yet her eyes glowed with a vengeance that was like any other, It frightened me to see her burn in rage. And yet it wasn't the first time she showed her merciless side, but something was wrong, the mixture of anger and pain was unmistakably shown through her turbulent crimson orbs. Her posture showed weakness but her heart showed strength, I watched how I begged her to save herself from the irrelevant creature that held me hostage. 

"Hey... you seem deep in thought there," A voice said snapping me out of my thoughtful state, My aqua orbs glanced at the glitching boy beside me.

"I-I uh.." I stuttered, butterflies seemingly roaming my stomach tickling it with their velvet-like wings. I couldn't help the warmness of my cheeks that turned to a rosy red color.

"It's going to be alright, Lizzie is not gonna give up right? She's strong" Red said with a small smile, I couldn't help but smile back at his encouraging words.