Chapter 16- The First Dance

Alex's POV

"Hey. You look amazing." As I say it I can tell Elle and Amanda are making heart shapes with their hands. So are their dates. They don't even know me that well yet they are still making fun of me.

"Well you look sharp I'm that suit." She says it with her normal tone kind but sarcastic. She got that of Elle. Though I can't help but smile.

Of course perfect time for Elle to but in.

"So while you two are making goo goo eyes. Amethyst who are you doing the first dance with you don't have a date." I realize I'm starting a bit. So I look to Elle as she speaks.

"I didn't really think a out that." She puts on her thinking face. I see her do it in class.

"I could be your date for the evening." The words come out before I can think.

"That would be nice thanks." She smiles gently. It's that warm grateful smile. I've grown to only see it if it is someone she cares about. The butterflies are back.

Amethyst's POV

It will be nice to hang out with Alex. Just as friends though. We step onto the dance floor. He holds my waist, pulling me towards him. Butterflies, the guy gave me butterflies. I rap my hands around his neck. I ignore the felling. We move to the music.

"That dress is huge." He's making a point he's practically tripping over it.

"I know but it was a special occasion and I thought why not get it out again." It's this big gold dress with a skirt that measures two meters in diameter. I look up from the skirt and into his eyes. There a dark brown like mine but he has gold flecks in them it makes them glow.

"Well its defiantly stunning." He looks at me and smiles. I can't help but smile back. The butterflies are growing in my stomach.

I spend hours meeting people. Alex retreated to the others. I don't blame him if I had the option to I would. Its boring but it has to be done. And my new life means I have to.