Chapter 37- Anubis, Hades and the Devil

Alex's POV

We arrive back at the house. John comes running.

"Amethyst. Has passed out. Magic. Lots used." He was gasping for breath every few words. I ran as fast as I could. When I got there she was awake but barely holding on. Her mum has tipped up and is keeping the barrier up.

"Hey." She looks up.

"Hey. I'm sorry it got too much."

"It's not your fault. You did what you could." I take her hand. She's worn out. Henry and Elle come through the door.

"Hey sis." He comes over next to their mum.

"Hey dope." She smiles a bit.

"You don't talk to your brother like that." She looks stern but softens in a second.

"We're all together again. Only if dad was here." She looks down as Henry speaks.

"He is I can feel it." Amethyst looks up as she said it.

"Well you would know that. Your related to Anubis or Hades or the devil. Take your pick." She laughs at Henry.

"I pick the devil." She glares at me. Woops.

"Do you want to bring that up now?" She gestures to the area.

"Do you?" She glares at me. Her mum and Elle just look at us confused. Henry has a smirk on his face as he knows.

"Once I'm recovered me and my mum will take turns keeping up the barriers."

"I'm fine Amethyst. I can cope." She turns to face her.

"Mum I'm not asking. You will end like me. In a bed." Amethyst knows who will win I can see it in her face.

"Fine." Amethyst knows what she is doing.

"Amethyst are you alright?" I have to ask. She looks tired and ill.

"Alex relax I'm fine." She knows I can't. I'm losing it quickly. She takes my hand and I start to relax. "The red arms are still out there aren't they."

"You don't need to worry about that. Henry and I have a plan." She turns to Henry.

"Henry I trust you. Fang can take care of herself But if any of them get hurt 'cause I know you have asked Elle for help. I will hurt you. Got it."

"Got it. Though I'm sure that won't happen."

I know the plan but I'm not sure if I trust Henry yet. Amethyst does that's enough for now.