Chapter 25- You're not a monster

Alex's POV

She's berried herself in work. Everyday up at seven work till six. Then she eats with the staff and locks herself in her room. She's not telling me something. So I have turned to the last resort I need to talk to Elle. Amethyst has gone once or twice a week with Max and Jeff. She wouldn't let me go.

Even Fang the all knowing wolf girl won't tell me. Fang and Amethyst have gotten very close over that month or so and she won't tell me.

I arrive at Elles. Knock on the door. She opens the door.

"What do you want?" She's in her cat slippers.

"We need need to talk." She tries to shut the door. However I'm stronger than her. I hold the door open. "Now!"
"Fine!" She opens the door. We sit in the living room. It's quite big. But yet again me and John live in the mansion.

"What is going on with Amethyst. She's up a seven does her work, eats with the staff then locks herself in her room. I'm trying to talk to her but she fines some work or excuse." I'm starting to get mad.

"Ok, to start chill. Also all I'm going to say is it started with that meeting with the government." She looks like she said all she needs to say. She has told me everything without telling me.

"Thank you." I run to the car. Max is driving.

"You shouldn't." He turns and starts to drive.

"I agree with Max. You shouldn't push her." I didn't realise Fang was in the car. She always has a smart response but for once I couldn't care.

"I have to talk to her." When we arrive I run to her room. I missed dinner. I knock. Surprisingly she opens the door.

"I have worked to do." She tries to close the door. But I pushed it open and walk in. I walk over to her desk. There is tones of articles and quotes on riots. People have signed a petition and all sorts.

"Whats this." She's sat on her bed head in her hands. I walk over. "Please just speak to me."

"I have to convince the public I'm not a threat but I can't if they are trying to attack me. I would defend myself. Show them what I can do. Show them I'm a-" she chokes on her tears. "I'm a monster." She's crying so hard it's painful to watch. I hate seeing her cry. So I hold her close. She cries into my shirt. I text Max to pick up Elle and Amanda immediately. He says he's on it. She's still crying. I lift her chin so she looks right at me.

"Your not a monster. Your Amethyst. My powerful, beautiful girl." She smiles and laughs a little. I lean closer. She grabs my shirt and pulls me down for a kiss.

"Are we interrupting anything." Elle and Amanda have walked in. We both jump then laugh.

"No it's fine come in." Amethyst seems so much happier already.

"We could go we wouldn't want to inturpt your time together. Oh and Fang wants to know if she can come in. She wouldn't want disrupt the making out so she's waiting outside. " We all laugh as Amanda oftern make jokes.

After an hour of crying and reasurence Amethyst is back to her beautiful self again. She is so much stronger than she thought.