Chapter 38- Shields and distractions

Amethyst's POV

By the end of the day I was better. I took my shift for the night to hold the barriers. It is exhausting. I'm the morning we would set the plan in action. Elle would would go and talk and tell them my fake weakness. I lower the barrier we fight with the army on standby then arrest them or kill them. Long plan but the best we could come up with the press watching our every move lately.

Alex comes in.

"How you holding up?" He hates the fact I have to fight.

"I'm fine. Just tired. Mum takes over at midnight."

"I hate this. I can't do anything to help but hold a gun." He kicks the wall. I walk over and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Your doing so much more. You support me and the others. I couldn't ask for more." He turns to face me.

"God, what did I do to have you in my life?" He smiles. He takes my head in his hands and kisses me. I kiss back but then pull away. "Whats the matter?"

"I can't get distracted right now." He smirks.

"I'm glad I'm still the distraction." His smirk grows.

It's midnight mums taken over. I can feel it. I walk over to Alex who can't sleep.

"Hey." He turns around.

"Has your mum taken over?" I nod. He smiles. He walks over to me and sits down. Before I can say anything he kisses me. I return it. He pulls away our foreheads still touching. "Can I distract you now?" I bite my lip and nod.