Chapter 24- Are you a threat?

Amethyst's POV

The government have called me in for them to speak to me. I don't know what this is about. However something tells me it is about the last riot outside my house. The came and through stones at my window. They through a brick at my window that said "get off our planet you freak." At that point I burst into tears and my powers went crazy defending the house. I put up a barrier to stop anything from getting in. This of course while I was crying.

"Alex. I think this is about the riot last week." I choke on the memory. "What if-" He cuts me off. Great.

"No I'm not even thinking about it. It's a small group of people I'm sure they aren't just going to boot you off." I start to choke on tears. He holds my chin and lifts my head. He wipes my tears away. "I'm not going to let that happen."

We are there twenty minutes later. Let's go see what they want. We walk into the meeting room John, Scary and Dopey are already here talking.

"Your majesty." The chairman.

"Hello George." He smiles.

"Please take a seat." As he speeks I sit down. "So you have heard of the riots. First we want to know how your holding up."

"It was a bit emotional but I feel ok now." It's part of the truth.

"Good. Next question, Are you a threat?" He looks at me straight on. I look at all my friends that are there.

"I'm sorry. What?!" I'm getting annoyed already.

"We have been asked by some of the public if you are dangerous as sometimes your powers, when they go out of control can be terrifying. I mean the riot last week before you put up that barrier. Energy went everywhere. Your security couldn't get near you until you blacked out. Also, it got on camera."

I'm shocked they all see that I don't remember.

"She has just got her powers back. She needs time. But she is not a threat to anyone." John always stood up for me.

"Ok. George. I have been bombarded with all this responsibility. That I haven't had in 500 years. My magic runs on emotion when I can't control it. Or when I am angry my magic releases itself to defend myself or to warn people away. I don't fully understand it really. But that is my understanding. I can be a threat if they push it. The only time I use my magic, when I know what I am doing, is for good." I realize I am speaking fast and I am talking louder. "Sorry"

"We all believe you but you need to show the public." George speaks to me in a calm manner. "Thank you, you may leave."

Alex's POV

We walk out. God she got mad. But she got the point across. She can be so strong.

"Are you alright?" I can tell she's upset. She doesn't answer but gets in the car.

It was an awkward ten minutes so I decided to break the silence.

"Amethyst. Are you ok?" She stays quiet and doesn't respond to the question. I leave it at that and decide not to push her for an answer after what happened in the meeting.