The Depths of Thought

Jace's POV

Saturdays. The day where you wanna do anything and everything, but yet you just wanna relax and think about life.

I usually try to keep myself busy during the weekends, so I don't think about what happened but today I made the mistake of not doing anything. I sat in bed, thinking about the past 3 years. How it started, where it ended and why the event happened in the first place. Not a day goes by, where I don't regret what I did. But now, I'm just depressed. I put up a facade to hide the guilt. I'm still sitting on my bed, just thinking.

Ding. Ding.

I look over and see I have a text message from Electra.

'Hey hot stuff ;)...wyd?'-E

'Nothing, just hanging out, hbu?'-J

'Nothing, that's why I texted you duh'-E

'Well how about we go out on the town'-J

'On the town...really? But yeah watever'-E

'I'll be there in an hour'-J

I got off my ass for the first time today and started getting ready to see Electra. She makes me smile, something I haven't done in a while. I push those thoughts away as I get in the shower and get dressed. I throw on a white vneck and I put on black jeans. I glance in the mirror, before looking over at the clock. I grab my keys and head out the door. I get in my car, and rush over to Electra's house. I hope takes my mind off everything.

Electra's POV

There's a knock on the door and I ruffle my hair before answering it.

"Hey", I greet Jace.

"Hey beautiful", he greets back.

I feel my cheeks heat up and I look down at my feet. I feel a hand grab mine and squeeze, making me look up. I see a glimmer in Jace's eyes as he looks down at me. A small smile graces my face before I realize the intimacy of this moment. I snatch my hand out of his grasp and awakardly cough. I push past him and head towards the car, leaving Jace on the porch.

"So where are we going", I quickly change the subject.

"I thought you could choose, since I chose last time", he replies.

I silently thank him for acting like what just happened didn't happen. I need to stay focus at the task at hand. Get him to fall for me, and then break his heart. I mentally cringe at what I just thought. Can I really bring myself to do that?

"Earth to Electra", I get interrupted by I hand waving in my face.

"Oops, sorry...um how about we go have some fun", I said smirking.

"I'm getting the vibe that your fun is illegal", he says walking to the driver side of his car.

"You have no idea", I said getting in the car.

***********************************************

Jace's POV

"I still don't agree with this", I said trying to persuade Electra.

"Well, I didn't ask you if you did. Now stop talking and take the damn picture", she protested.

"This is ridiculous, why are we going clubbing anyway?"

"Well, tonight is happy hour, I wanna get at least a little tipsy, and ladies are free tonight".

"So, I'm the only one who's got pay.Great!", I say sarcastically.