Mama Drama

Jace's POV

I turn over in my bed and grab my phone to stop the ringing. I look at the caller. Samantha.

"Babe, who is it?", Electra stirs in her sleep. She moves closer laying her head on my bare chest.

"Samantha", I whisper kissing her head.

"That's like the 5th time this week Jace. And it's like 3 am".

"Yeah, I know, but she's carrying my baby".

Its been 3 months and the baby is almost here. Samantha is in her final 2 weeks. I dont know why but she has been calling me non-stop, the past couple of weeks. I know Electra is getting irratated with Samantha calling.

"Hello?", I answer the phone.

"J-jace", Samantha moans. I get up alerted.

"I-I think the baby's coming".

"The b-baby is coming". By the time I finished that statement, Electra has already got up and started getting our clothes out.

"Where is your sister and your aunt?", I ask frantically putting on my clothes.

"They're out of town. Can you take me to the hospital?"

"Y-Yeah I'm on my way now". I hang up and rush out the door.

Electra runs right behind me. When we get to the car she tosses me the car keys and we hop in speeding to Samantha's house.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

The Hospital

It's been an hour and a half and nothing. I wanna know what's going on with my kid.

"Just calm down, they'll be here soon", says Electra.

"Ok", I bury my face in her neck.

It's about another half hour until a doctor comes over. "Hello, Mr. Foster?", she asks.

"Its Lakewood, but yes that's me".

"Well hi my name is Ms. Delvonte. I was assisting Samantha. I have good news and bad news". Electra stays seated, only looking at the scene before her.

"Yes, okay".

"The good news is the baby is coming sooner than we thought. The bad news is due to this the baby can have a number of birth defects, but we believe the only one they'll have is asthma".

"OK thank you".

"Well be keeping Samantha here, she is currently in labor. You can go in, but we are trying to keep it family only". She looks towards Electra. "Are you family?".

Electra goes to answer, but I answer for her. "She is Samantha's cousin".

Electra's eyes go wide and I give her a small smile.

"Well you guys can go see her. She has minor contractions now, but when the baby is in labor only immediate family".

"Okay, Thanks", I mutter.

The doctor nods and walks away and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Why the hell did you do that", Electra hits my arm.

"I want you, no, I need you by my side in this".

"We cant lie Jace".

"We can and we did E".

"You did".

I start walking away and when Im halfway down the hall I turn back. "You coming or what".