1 - At Yogtowers

The cycle to work takes about twenty minutes - add a few extra if you decide to pop into the local coffee shop to buy something.

Having cycled in for six days a week for a year now, you don't even have to think where to turn, or which roads to avoid, or which shortcuts to use when there's traffic.

Today, it's not nearly as chilly as it was - which is to say, still quite chilly.

You leave the house at around quarter to nine, and get there in good time - at nine o'clock. Dropping your bike off at the bike shed, you unlock the door to the office and make your way down to your office. With nothing on your schedule for another half hour, you decide to have breakfast - a mini apple lattice - and browse Reddit for a bit.

Your phone vibrates on your desk; you reach immediately to unlock it, glad to have something useful to do.

It's Lewis.

Lewis: Hi, Tom and I are on the Gmod TTT server right now if you want to join us. I'm just rounding everyone  up for recording. Thanks.

You check your recording schedule quickly - yep, TTT's on there, followed by Overwatch with Sjin and Duncan and then just solo stuff. And then...

Of course! You'd forgotten - it's Thursday, Deck Rippers night, and Lewis has invited you on to the livestream as a guest. Great - you've got some time to kick back and relax, make some jokes, play some games with your two favourite guys - you're looking forward to it.

As you wait for your game to load up, you text back to Lewis:

(Y/N): Thanks, I'm loading it up right now. Looking forward to Deck Rippers tonight  :D

Lewis: Hell, yeah. Gonna be awesome.

(Y/N): Gonna kick Turps' arse?

Lewis: Well, duh!

That's the last you get out of him before you join the guys on Discord, and start recording.

Lewis does the intro as usual, and quickly runs through the people you'll be playing with today; there's you, Lewis, Sjin, Duncan, Zylus and Tom.

It's a good session, all in all, but by the end of that hour, you're glad it's over - Gmod is hardly something you can spend hours on without getting bored.

You stay on Discord to chat with the others for a while; one by one, people start leaving for their next recording session, until it's just you, Lewis and Sjin.

"(Y/N), Duncan and I'll message you when we're ready," Sjin says. "I'll see you in a bit."

"Bye," you say, as he disconnects, leaving you and Lewis alone on Discord.

"What've you got next?" Lewis asks you.

You turn to look at your schedule. "Overwatch, then just solo stuff. What about you?"

"Let's see... I've got an hour or so with Sips and Pyrion..."

"Triforce?" you guess.

"Yep," he says. "Then some GTA, then... oh, shit. To The Core. Well, that'll be interesting."

You laugh. "Well, good luck with that, mate."

"Thanks, I'm gonna need it," Lewis replies. "Looking forward to your first Deck Rippers?"

"Of course," you say. "How's the whole thing going to work?"

"I was thinking about that," Lewis says. "Maybe we could take turn in playing - I dunno, maybe you and Turps play each other, and then whoever wins gets to play me?"