Chapter 17: Dinner for two? Or not...

|Kaylah POV|

While parking my car outside my house I started to hum a song -from my favourite childhood movie- that my mother used to sing to me and Josh when we were little.

Dancing bears. Painted wings. Things I almost remember. And a song someone sings, once upon a December.

I hopped out of my car. As I walked I looked down at my cast and thought back to when I'll be getting this bloody thing off me.

Someone holds me safe and warm. Horses prance through a silver storm, figures dancing gracefully across my memory.

I stuck my key in the lock in the front door of my house and twisted it to the right twice around.

Far away! Long ago, glowing dim as an ember, things my heart use to know, things it yearns to remember. I continued to hum the song subconsciously.

And a song, someone siiiings. Once upon a December.

"Josh!" I yelled looking around for my giant of a brother. I sighed when I realized he wasn't home yet.

Well.. I guess I'll get dinner started.

I walked to the lovely black and silver kitchen.
The black granite countertops, low hanging diamond in crested lights, stainless steel appliances, 6 foot double door fridge,black and grey backsplash, black cabinets with silver handles, microwave above the gas stove, stainless steel dishwasher beside a large sink. All in all, the kitchen was absolutely gorgeous.

Now.. What to make? I thought as I started going through the fridge.

I decided to make spaghetti. I'll have to go grocery shopping soon, I guess. I thought

After I cooked the tomato sauce, ground beef and strained the noodles I filled a plate for me and for Josh. I brought both plates to our normal seats across from each other at the dining table through a doorway from the kitchen. I laid his down on a placemat across from mine and started to eat alone. Just me again I guess...

I ate in silence.

------------------------
|Josh's POV|

She snuggles closer to me on the couch. We're watching The Vampire Diaries at her house.

Bzzzzz
Bzzzz
Bzzzzzz

My phone started to vibrate in my pocket Kaylah I'll call her back.

"Who was that baby?" She asked me
"My sister, Kaylah." I replied
"She's sweet. I love her hair."

I looked down at her with a grin, glad she likes her.

"What time is it, Josh?"
"11:26, baby girl. You tired?"
"Naw. I never get to sleep anyway."

We continued to watch the show for little while longer.. About twenty minutes when I realized she fell asleep on me.

So much for ' I never get to sleep anyway'

I chuckled softly as I gently hoisted her up in my arms and began to carry her to her room in the basement.

I passed the pool and air hockey tables, her dad's bar with lots of fancy branded alcohol, the theatre room full of leather seats and popcorn machines, the gym and finally her room.

I laid her down on her king bed, pulled off my green tee-shirt and climbed under the black and white comforter with her. I pulled her close to my chest and looked at her in adoration. How did I get so lucky? I thought.

Before I could fall asleep I quietly whispered,

"Im so lucky to have you Samara. My beautiful girlfriend. So damn lucky."

I slipped into slumber with a smile on my face and my girl pressed against me.

---------------------

I woke to a small sneeze from someone around me. When my eyes adjusted I looked down at my naked chest to see Sam looking up at me with a small smile on her face and a slight blush covering her cheeks from being caught staring.

I chuckled then kissed her forehead, blush covered cheeks, her small nose and finally her lips. The kiss started as a pec then I pulled her onto my lap by grabbing her butt and I sat up. Our lips never detaching. She gripped my hair in her small hands tightly. I licked her bottom lip asking for entrance which she provided. I explored her mouth memorizing every inch.

She pulled back for air with a gasp. I lifted my hands from her bum and rested them on her waist instead. She slowly detached her fingers from my hair.

Her eyes suddenly opened wide and a frightened gasp left her mouth.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked

"We're gonna be late for school! And what about Kaylah!? She's probably going out of her mind with worry night now! Oh my gosh! And what if Miles catches us?! Oh shit oh shit oh shit. You gotta leav-" I silenced her rant with a kiss on her lips.

"Babe. It's fine. Calm down. One problem at a time alright? Kaylah thinks I was probably partying or something, trust me she's fine with me gone. Miles won't catch us, I'll sneak out of your window, I'll go back to my house and get ready."

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and checked the time.

"Class doesn't start for another thirty minutes, Sam. Miles can drive you right? He leaves ten-ish minutes before school starts right?"

She nodded.

"Perfect." I pecked her lips quick. "See you."

"Bye, Josh." She replied.
-----------------

Sooooo.... There you guys go!!! Another chappie!

Vote!
Comment!
Aand...
Don't worry be happy!

-K❤️