Chapter 22: No escape

|Kaylah POV|

I ran out of the basement as quick as I could to escape him. I limped as I ran crying at the pain.

I have to get out. I thought

"Kaylah!" He roared

I screamed as I forced myself to go a little faster up the creaky, wooden, four flights of stairs. Three down, one to go. I thought as I clutched the railing, breathing heavily.

I heard his malicious laugh behind me getting closer as I ran.

Soon he was right behind me speaking in his raspy Australian accent. "You can't escape me sweet heart."

I felt an arm wrap around my waist, only it wasn't and arm. It was a snake. An Inland taipan snake. Just like his. He laughed as it pulled me into the darkest corner of the darkness causing my limbs to stretch forward in front of me as the wind blew my hair forward into my face, while I screamed.

I woke up, tied to a chair. It was like those interrogation rooms. Metal walls, cold wooden chair.

I struggled to free myself but groaning when I realized it was useless. I decided to look closer at my surroundings.

I soon saw a man tied up in a chair in the darkness in front of me. He looked unconscious with his head down and his hair draped over his eyes. I could hear his deep somewhat ragged breathing in the silent room.

Suddenly a deep cackle sounded from behind me along with his hand wrapping itself around my neck suffocating me.

My chair started to slowly turn towards my capture and when I looked up and realized it was Elliot... Elliot Stevens.

I gasped awake to Josh shaking me.

"Kaylah! Wake up! You're dreaming! Wake up!"

He sighed in relief.

He pulled me into his embrace. Climbing into the queen sized bed with me. I've been having dreams like that for almost two weeks now.

Flashes of my dream crossed my mind, making me shiver.

Josh kissed my forehead. His body is heat radiating off of him, engulfing me and calming me for the sleep waiting to take me.

Which it soon did.

--------------------

I am so frickin sorry. This is short but, it's very important to the plot.

I was camping with my friend, I was sick. And traveling..

The next update will be longer. I promise!

Love you💗

Vote,
Comment,
Aand... Stay gorgeous!

-K❤️