Chapter 29: One's crying another's falling.

|Miles POV|

I continued to run my fingers, calmly through her long black hair as she watched The Simpsons, leaning against my chest.

My beautiful girl sighed content and I smiled softly until I realized I had to leave. I frowned and kissed her temple.

"Baby girl?" I spoke softly.

"Hm?"

"I'm really sorry to do this, I know you need me right now but if i don't go, my dad'll hunt me down." I chuckled at the end.

She nodded but didn't say anything and scooted over and stood up.

I stood up as well and pulled her in for a bear hug and kissed her forehead.

I pulled back and grabbed her cheeks gently, her eyes locking on mine.

"Baby, if he says anything you don't like. If it makes you uncomfortable, or scared you need to get away from him. Call me. If you can't get to your cell then use your house line. You remember my number right?"

She nodded.

"Good. Don't let Josh walk all over you. Alright?"

She wrapped her thin arms around my neck, pecking my cheek and hugging me hard whispering "Thank you, Mi."

I smiled softly. "It was good seeing you, baby girl. I love you."

She smiled back kissing my lips softly before waving at me as I walked out her front door.

I turned to close the door and when I turned towards the driveway two girls stood in my path.

They had long legs and brown hair, they looked alike but certain facial details were different.

"Hey! I'm Stephanie! This is my sister Stacy. You're Miles Jensen right?" The girl I figured out was Stephanie said.

"Uh.. yeah?" I nodded

"Oh it's so great to meet you! Isn't it Stacy?" She nodded toward her sister.

Stacy quietly said, " You were here to see Joshua right?"

I shook my head, " I came to see Kaylah."

Their eyes bulged and their jaws dropped slightly.

I stood taller "is that a problem?" Why am I acting like this?

Stacy shook her head.

Stephanie composed herself and stood up straighter. "Yeah I do have a Problem with that actually."

"And why would that be?" Oh I don't like this one.

"Because. She's too good for you. Or any of your asshole friends." Stacy nudged her in shock with wide eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I glared down at her.

"It means stay away from her." She spat.

I scoffed, "you wouldn't know what's good for her if it hit you in the face."

I walked back to my bmw and opened the door looking towards the sisters. "Oh! And by the way girls, I think I have her falling for me." I smirked, climbing into my car and speeding off.

What a bitch. I thought as I drove to my dad's house.

I pulled into his driveway thirty minutes later, turning down the rock music pumping loudly out of the speakers of my car. Thunderstruck by ac/dc was blaring loud the whole way home. I shut off the ignition and climbed out with a sigh. I frowned feeling the cold air rush up against my skin, making me shiver slightly.

Since I was in a pair of black jeans with ripped knees and a thin long sleeve light grey v neck and combat boots. I need to go shopping for winter clothes. Maybe Kaylah will come too.

I shook my head thinking, I don't know why I said that to Stephanie.. It just kind of came out I guess.

I closed the front door behind me and walked to the kitchen on the main floor.

The smile returned to my face thinking of how Kaylah's eyebrows would arch and crease slightly in a frown. She hated being cold, ironic, living in Canada. I sigh too lost in my thoughts to see my sister running towards me.

It wasn't until I heard a loud smack when I came out of my trancelike state to feel my cheek starting to burn and my chest ache seeing my sister's chocked sobs.

I looked at her, A mixture of emotions swirling in my blue eyes.Mostly confusion, anger and sadness.

Seeing Samara cry shook me to my core. "Hey, what's wrong?" I reached out to her and a pained sob forced its way out of her throat. I reached out again and her brown eyes glared
at me hard. She pushed me out of her way, spitting on my shoes in the process.

What the hell? I thought really confused.

Samara ran out the front door and slammed it shut, hopping into her car and driving off. I called her and she sent me to voicemail, obviously, "Hey Sam I'm sorry for what I did to make you run out crying.." what did I do again? "Just please drive safe and come home soon. I love you." I sighed slipping my IPhone into my pocket and walking upstairs into my room.

I thought of her eyes, red from crying, her lips chapped and masked fury in her chocolate irises. I thought about her for a while longer.. She never cries, the only times I've seen her cry is when our parents divorced when we were thirteen, well, today and when Landon died.

Tears stung my eyes remembering Landon. We were very close. We did almost everything together. I sighed, blinking away tears. And going for my nap.

Dad can wake me up when he gets here I guess..

-------------
Heyo! How are you all my pretties?

I've been away for a bit because I'm going through a bit of a tough time at the moment.. So that means no updates for a bit.. I will upload a filler/ short chapter to mark the year 'anniversary' of me starting Falling Fast. Thank you all for reading! I want to be less closed off with you readers, I want to share parts of my life with you so, the next chapter I'll fill you in a bit more. I love you all! :)

-K❤️