Chapter 27: Mom's coming home.

|Miles POV|

"Mm.." She moaned, chewing with her mouth full of pasta.

I chuckled. "I'm glad you like it baby girl." I smiled at her.

She swallowed, leaned over and pecked my cheek grinning. "Thank you." She said.

We continued eating, neither of us speaking for about five more minutes with music from a fifties station on the radio playing in the kitchen, the music traveling into the dining room.

I had just stood up from the table to rinse off my plate in the kitchen when I heard a loud knock on the front door.

Kaylah glanced up, picked up her empty plate from the table and set it on the counter in the kitchen. The person knocked on the door again, harder, causing her to walk faster to the door.

I was rinsing the dishes off and putting them in the dish washer when she yelled "He's here! It's Josh!!"
--------------------
|Kaylah POV|

I took a deep breath. You can do this. You did it on the phone. You can stand up to him in person.

I opened the door to look up at my livid looking brother. His eyes dark and his chest heaving.

He gripped my wrist tight, pushing past me and pulling me along into the house. I winced as I realized I was in shit now.

"How dare you disrespect me like that! Kaylah I can't be in this goddamned house watching stupid movies with you all the time!" He screamed. "And for your information, I'm not 'fucking miles' sister'. I love her! And you don't need to call me up being a bitch and saying I haven't been here!" Tears leaked from my pale blue eyes. "You know what? I can't stand you! I wish you weren't my sister you ungrateful girl!" He screamed, slapping me across my face.

I screamed at the force, falling onto the floor sobbing gripping my cheek. Surprisingly, his words hurt more than my bruising cheek.

Miles ran through the door taking in the scene.

"You bastard! This is your twin sister! If this is how you treat yours, you must be batshit crazy if you think I will let you around mine!" I yelled furiously.

Josh's eyes widened in shock and fear as he realized what he did. "I- I, Kay I'm so sorry!" He cried reaching towards her.

|Miles POV| (sorry for switching so much)

She screamed "don't touch me!" and crawled on her hands and knees, hurriedly towards me. For me to protect her. "You stay away from her." I seethed, kneeling down to her.

Kaylah wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist, clinging to me in fear.

"She's my sister! This is my house! I will do what I want!" He yelled at me, his eyes dark once more.

"She's petrified!" I screamed.

I looked down when she let a whimper escape her lips.

"Well, I guess she's living with me then." I nodded, calm again.

"No! You can't do that! You can't just take her and pack her up!"

"And why not?" Kaylah screamed, her voice breaking.

"Because.. Because.." He looked panicked.

"Let us know when you figure it out." I started to walk with Kaylah, her limbs still wrapped around me, to the stairs.

"Mom is coming home tomorrow." He sighed.

She wiggled out of my grip on her, to stand on her own two feet, off the stairs.

She and looked up at him in shock. "What?"

"Tomorrow night, she flies in." He said softly.

Kaylah looked at me, her eyes wide. She shook her head and pushed past me, glaring at her dick wad brother.

She ran down stairs, disappearing around the corner.

"You, Josh Tanner, are a terrible person. She hasn't been bitching to you. SHE WAS LONELY. Then you come in here, yelling at her, insulting her and the you slapped her?! How much of a dick do you have to be to hit your little sister?! You're almost a foot taller than her! And, she can't defend herself! I never thought she'd ever have to defend herself from you. If it's true that you are spending all the time that you could've used with Kaylah, with my sister, your time is up. You can't be around her anymore." I shook my head.

"You can't do that!" He screamed panicked

"YOU HIT KAYLAH. I WILL NOT LET YOU GET THE CHANCE TO EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO SAM." I roared.

His eyes filled with tears as he looked down and ran his hands through his hair roughly, gripping his hair hard. I glared down at him, turning away from him when I heard a choked sob.

I glanced over and saw him fall to a heap on the floor.

I sighed quietly. I know he hurt her but, he's still her brother. Ugh. Why can't I be a mean person?

I inwardly groaned and walked over to him, guided him to his feet and pulled him into a hug.

He tensed for a moment before crying harder.

I rubbed his back a bit until he calmed down. Pulling away a bit he looked me in the eyes and said,

"We don't tell anyone." He said seriously.

I nodded walking away from him. "But, I am not going back on what I said before, you will not see Samara if I have anything to say about it." I spoke equally as serious with my back turned to him, walking down the stairs.

------------------
New update!

I'm really hating Josh right now honestly.. But he has been the perfect older brother and I want to see where this goes now ;))

By the way, I'm going to be traveling for a bit.. So updates will take longer.. Sorry!

Vote,
Comment,
Aand...
Stay gorgeous!

-K❤️