Chapter 31: Worst day ever

|Kaylah POV|

Read a/n at the end of the chapter please!

About 15 seconds after I heard Miles' car roar to life, driving down the road someone nocked on the door four times.

"Coming!" I walked from the living room to the door.

The door creaked as I opened it to see my two friends looking sour.

"Woah, what's up with your faces?" I laughed, jokingly.

Stephanie pushed past me huffing. I frowned and looked at Stacy expectantly. She looked upset, many emotions swirling in her eyes, following her sister silently.

"Hey, what's going on?"my eyebrows furrowed together. Stephanie looked at me "where you planning on telling us?"

I threw my arms up, "telling you what?!" Stacy looked at me incredulously "about you and Miles?"

I put my arms down, "that's what this is about? Seriously?" I crossed my arms frowning. "How am I supposed to tell you if I don't even know what we are?"

Stephanie cut in "you still didn't tell us you had a thing with him! What happened to us telling each other everything?!"

I sighed looking at them both. "I'm sorry.. I've had a lot going on lately, we haven't had any real girl time have we?" I rubbed my hands down my face.

Their faces softened as they looked at each other. "Group hug?" Stacy asked opening her arms. We all nodded and I felt welcomed and I realized I need to tell them everything. "Why do you smell like beer?" Stephanie said confused.

I sighed. "You can go sit down, I'll tell you everything. I'm getting some tea, want some?" They both nodded.

I walked into the kitchen and boiled the kettle, poured the tea in gray coffee mugs. Placing them on a tray I walked back into the living room and sat down on a recliner across from my friends.

Sighing I clutched my mug and began to tell them everything, from him helping me, how Miles and I are slowly getting closer as the days go by..

"Why is your damn cheek bruised?" Stacy's eyebrows furrowed together examining me.

"Erm well.. Josh and I haven't been speaking to eachother for a while. I thought it was something I did.. Turns out it was.." I looked away the memory swirling around in my mind.

"What did you do?" Stephanie leaned forward sipping her tea.

My eyes filled with tears suddenly.

"He came home in a tizzy about me being needy and ignorant.. He told me he wishes I was never his sister and then-" I sobbed. "He hit me across the face to the floor." Two tears ran down my cheeks.

Stacy comfortingly wrapped her hand in mine. "That's terrible!"

"Miles told him off while I tried to get away from him. Josh told me that my mom's coming home in two days and soon I ended up downstairs at the bar, downing my second beer." I forced a chuckle while wiping my cheeks and under my eyes drinking my tea. Rubbed my face and sighed. Stephanie rubbed my arm comfortingly.

A few moments of silence passed slowly. "So..." Steph looked over curiously "how long have you and that hunky ass been gettin' it on behind our backs?" She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

I gasped at her way of changing the subject. My face flushed red "we haven't done anything..." I sniffed.

"Mhm and you think that's gonna make us believe you?" Stacy giggled. "Because I'm not convinced."