Chapter 2: The Surprise

Nikki's POV

"Am I dreaming?" I wondered after looking at Aphmau's vlogging channel. I clicked on the video titled Adopting a Child? I sat quietly when watching the video.

She said she wasn't going to release the place or state she was adopting from so people couldn't come to where she was adopting. She also said she'd try to vlog as much as she could, but wasn't sure what the orphanages rules were going to be on that matter, and that was it.

That was the end of the vlog. I knew it was to good to be true. Yet, for some reason, I still had hope. Hope that she'd just happen to come to Mrs. Rolland's Orphanage for Unlucky Youth. Strange orphanage name, oh well.

That night, I stayed up. I watched her video's, Minecraft Diaries, Phoenix Drop High, MyStreet, late into the night and early into the next day. I knew we weren't supposed to believe in other gods, other than our God, but that night, I prayed to Irene.

That she'd give me luck. Aphmau created her after all. I knew it was late, that vlog was posted 2 days ago. She'd probably already adopted someone. As long as someone gains a great home, I'm happy.

Adriana's POV

Nikki's screen was on almost all night, it was keeping me up. Her and her YouTube. Who am I kidding, I know I like her. She's so lucky, she knew her parents 'till she was about 9, I was abandoned at 1.

I guess you could call me jealous. I heard her say things like "Oh my Irene," and "What in Irene's name," I brushed them off, not truly knowing who "Irene" was.

I looked at her search history one day. I know, I know, that's invasion of personal property, but I found out who Irene was. Turns out, she was this "god" that a youtuber named Aphmau "worshiped" in her videos.

They seemed like roleplays. Irene to Aphmau, is like God to us. I guess Nikki just fell into the habit of saying Irene. Aphmau has over 200 videos with the name Irene in them, and knowing Nikki she probably watched them all. While I went through her history, I noticed a video called Adopting a Child. I clicked on it.

Turns out this Aphmau woman, whose real name turned out to be Jessica, was looking for a child to adopt. Nikki is my friend, I look at her like a little sister. I wish there was some way I could help her.

Knowing there wasn't I put her computer away and fell asleep. That night I dreamed. I dreamed for Nikki, I dreamed that she would get adopted, and I prayed. Not to God, but Irene. Hoping that it would help, and it did.