chapter 30 (a): done

+chapter 30 alternate version (a)+

[Taehyung's POV]

"We're going to be thrown in jail anyway. What's the point of putting on these suits and having a court hearing?" I leaned against the wall as I observed Joon fixing his tie and smoothening out his blazer.

He looked at me through the mirror and I expected him to say something to make me feel better, but all he said was, "I don't know."

A car picked us up to go to the courthouse. Inside the building, the lawyer told Joon and I that we have to plead guilty. The easiest punishment we would get is 5 years jail time plus probation and community service. I didn't want to cry but the fact that this was all happening was scary as fuck.

In the court room, Joon, the lawyer and I were on one side and Joy's parents and their lawyer were on another side. There was a small audience in the back but Joy wasn't there. Their lawyer accused us of everything that were already knew they were going to accuse us of.  When it was our lawyer's turn to defend, he said how we had to come up with a way to pay back the creditors who wouldn't stop harassing us until the debt was paid off.

I heard the sound of the door open, and I turned my head to the back and saw Joy enter with Jimin, Sowon, and Jungkook. I stopped breathing when I saw her holding his hand as she walked in. God, I really didn't want them here.

"Their deceased father, Mr. Kim has acquired a large debt while he was alive. Throughout his lifetime, he kept his financial problems a secret from his entire family and it had come as a surprise to these two young boys that they had to pay back the debt all by themselves. Without a mother or any other close relatives, these boys were all alone. Feeling pressured and threatened by Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin, who are now serving jail time, these brothers were desperate."

Joon, being older, was the first one called to the stand. He was interrogated by the Parks' lawyer. I've never seen him looked so scared in his life. He would always be so strong and joke around, but now he looked so miserable and guilty.

Then it was my turn. I sat next to the judge and Joy's parents were glaring at me, all of Joy's friends were glaring at me, but Joy was looking at the floor.

"Kim Taehyung, what is your relationship with the Park family. How did you get acquainted with them?" Their lawyer asked.

"I uh...I was the boyfriend of their daughter."

"Is it true that you came up with a scheme to pay back your father's debt by using their daughter, who you claim was your 'girlfriend?'"

I no longer wanted to look up. I stared at my hands and nodded my head.

"Taehyung, answer the question."

"Y-yes..." I breathed.

"So to clarify, you thought that by pretending to be Park Joy's boyfriend, you would have been able to get close with her entire family, and that was how you were able to get access to their money and bank accounts."

I stared at the audience and now Joy was looking directly at me. "Yes. Everything that you said is true."

The lawyer continued to ask me more questions, but right in the middle of it, Joy stood up and left the room.  

+one month later+

"Kim Taehyung. You have a visitor." The guard unlocked my cell and gestured for me to come out. He placed his hand on my shoulder and let me to the visitor's room where I haven't stepped into since the first week of being sent in here. My lawyer told me that there was a possibility of my sentence to be shortened for good behavior and that I can continue my education even if I was in here.

"Who's visiting me?" I asked, a little surprised because I never expected to get any visitors at all. I was sat in a chair and a glass divided the inmates from the visitors. When I looked up, I saw that Joy was sitting on the other side. At first I just thought it was my imagination, but I still tried to speak up first, "Hello?"

She didn't say anything. She sat there with her arms crossed and stared straight into the glass. After what felt like a minute of just looking at each other, she finally spoke. "Hi."

I felt my lips unconsciously curve into a smile after I heard her voice. She was wearing a denim jacket and her hair was curled and she looked really pretty. "It's nice to hear your voice again." I accidentally blurted out.

She didn't respond and I cleared my throat. "U-um...How are you?" 

"I'm doing fine." She answered confidently.

I nodded, "That's good to hear...um, h-how are you and Jimin?"

"We're doing fine. He treats me very well and I really like him." Joy replied, her voice faltered a bit, but even then, I felt uneasy listening to her say that.

"Oh ok...you know I'm really happy to see you." I tried to reach for her hand, but stopped myself because  I forgot that there was the glass in the way. She bit her lip subtly and looked down at the table.

"Joy...why did you come visit me?"

She took a deep breath and looked at me sympathetically. "I came here because I...I wanted to talk to you and I wanted try to forgive you."

I felt myself smiling a lot which I haven't done in a long time. But I couldn't let myself get too happy because Joy looked like she said more to say...

"But it's only been a month since everything has happened and... still don't think I can."

Of course. I could never expect her to forgive me.

"I'm sorry." I said softly.

 "Me too." She stood up and I stood up the same time as her.

I didn't get to say goodbye to her before she started to head for the door and one of the guards spoke to her, "Miss, there is still some time left before visiting hours are over."

She shook her head slowly and opened the door, "It's ok, I'm done."

[end]

+

but don't worry guys, there's still ch 29 & ch 30 alternate versions to look forward to. don't hate me for version A. LOLOL I've never written an emo ending before and I never thought I would ever do it because im a red bean bun who likes happy endings and shit but taehyung did joy shady and he doesn't derserve his rainbow butterfly ending so easily.

SO YEAH CH 29 & CH 30 ALT. VERSIONS WILL BE POSTED LATER THIS WEEK. HOPEFULLY YOU GUYS WILL CONTINUE READING FOR THAT :--)

also go check out Berry Good's song "Angel" IT'S SO GOOD AND THEY HAVE AMAZING VOCALS. hehehe