Near Miss ~ Klaine AU

Hello, everyone!
Since I got my goal of 5 votes on Fired, it was high time I gave you the chapter I was on about. Thanks so much for the votes, comments and for adding my book to your libraries and reading lists! It means so much to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This happens literally every single time we talk, Blaine! You always find something to do me wrong by!"

"Kurt, what do you want from me?"

"Surprisingly enough, Blaine, all I want right now is for you to apologise and acknowledge that what you did was wrong."

"Kurt, you haven't even told me what my heinous crime is yet."

"Oh, don't pretend you don't know."

Blaine scoffed, extremely pissed off at how rude and unnecessary his husband was being. He had had enough of Kurt. It was time to bring out the big guns.

Blaine pouted and batted his eyelashes, swooping towards Kurt in one swift motion. He ghosted the world's lightest kisses down Kurt's neck, making the man shudder in bliss. This plan was usually foolproof, which was why Blaine was awed when Kurt pushed him away.

"Don't touch me!" Blaine's jaw dropped, and his eyes began to water. In that moment, Kurt looked so strong and independent. His stance was challenging and powerful. Blaine didn't quite know how to approach it. He decided to try again. Maybe Kurt was in a more dominant mood. Maybe he needed to be the main participant in today's makeup sex.

Blaine's bottom lip quivered when his husband pushed him away once more. All he could hear in his head was his own mind telling him that he had failed in keeping his lover happy and comfortable. He had failed Kurt, which pained him more than anything.

Blaine swallowed, trying to keep that painful lump in his throat down. He tearfully picked up his coat, keys and wallet, and stalked to the front door. Not looking back, he called out, "I love you, I'm sorry. I need air," and slammed the door behind him.

Kurt felt like he had no idea what to do with himself. He felt like he needed to hit something. He opted for the wall, soon realising that was probably a bad idea, as he shook out the pain in his fist and fingered over the dent in the wall.

Tears started pouring from the man's face.

I shouldn't have been so harsh.

His body just wanted to sleep. He gave in. Blaine would be a long time at the coffee shop he had inevitably run off to in order to cry to himself.

Kurt hoped that Blaine hadn't gone the faster way. He hated that way; it was dark and cold (thanks to New York's classic winter weather) and entirely made up of small, winded alleyways.

---------------------------------------

Blaine was breathing so hard, he thought he was going to pass out. His feet were pounding the floor, his heart working twice the speed it normally works at. Running was something he always did when he was angry. There was something therapeutic about the regular thumping of his feet against the ground and his heart against his ribcage; the rush was almost addictive.

It was when he decided to explore a different alleyway, however, when he decided he had made a fatal mistake.

He hadn't noticed initially, but the turning he had taken led to a darker, longer and creepier alleyway. The empty trees curled over it, their branches long, thin and bare. Blaine opted to just continue until the end. It looked nearer than the side he had come in, so he persevered.