Sick ~ Klaine AU

Blaine's eyes fluttered open. He groaned.

Kurt, whose arms were wrapped around his husband, stirred.

"Blaine? What's wrong?" He sniffed and rubbed at his eye socket with the heel of his hand.

"I feel like utter shit, I really do."

"What hurts? Can you breathe properly? Do I need to get the humidifier?" Kurt made to get up, but Blaine grasped his arm and pulled him down to resume their cuddling.

"Please just stay with me for a few minutes before I get ready for work," he said, and Kurt noticed he had a blocked nose.

"No, no, no, Mr Anderson-Hummel. You're not going anywhere."

"Yes I am, Kurt, don't be ridiculous. We need money."

"Yes, but not to the detriment of your own health."

Blaine sighed. "Kurt, I have clients depending on me. I can't just not go in. They need me."

"I'm sure they can find a lawyer just as good as you to help them for today."

"No, Kurt! Today is a final hearing, and I can't-" Blaine paused suddenly. Clutching his hand to his mouth, he sprinted to their en suite bathroom.

Kurt had no idea what was happening; everything took a few seconds to process. When he heard his husband retching into the toilet, he sped after him and rubbed his back soothingly.

Blaine stopped, and leant back, his back against the cold tile wall.

Now he had a chance to properly look at him, Kurt realised that Blaine felt cold but was sweating profusely. He was paler than normal, and had a redness around his nose and eyes.

"Blaine, honey, you don't look so good."

"I don't fe-" Again, Blaine stopped himself mid sentence to puke into the toilet.

When Blaine started to cry, Kurt panicked.

"Blaine, honey, whats wrong?"

Blaine shook his head in despair.

"I just feel so pathetic! You're on a stage every night whilst I'm stuck in a job I don't want to be in, because there's no place for me in the industry I want to go into anyway! You... You're different; you're special. And here I am, complaining about life whilst throwing up into a toilet because I'm too crap to go to work. What the hell is wrong with me?!"

Kurt shifted so he was on his knees and in between Blaine spread legs, hands grasping his face gently. Their eyes met.

"Listen to me, Blaine. You are not pathetic. You never have been and you never will be. If you don't want to be a lawyer anymore, then that's okay, and you can quit any time. You're special too, you know? There's something about you. You have this spark in you; it's one of the most interesting things about you. You have this so typically Blaine flair to you. It's hard to explain, but you're so comfortable on a stage, and you're so interesting to watch.

"I love you, Blaine Anderson. I love you so much. You are so special, and I hate that you can't see it, but you are. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. Don't you dare think that way. You're you, and I couldn't ask for anything more."

Blaine started to cry even harder. He grabbed Kurt by his pyjama shirt and literally yanked him into a hug.

"Please don't leave me."

"Never."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So... That was that, then. I hope you enjoyed this one.

I know it's a bit short, but I have been so busy lately, and I didn't want to make this too boring by spreading it out too much. I hope I got across everything I wanted to.

By the way, I have just noticed how many views my story has got; just over 2,000 views and 70 odd votes!! That's insane!! Thank you so much to everyone who has voted, commented and added to reading lists!

As always, I take requests!

Stay groovy!