Nessa's Crisis ~ Klaine Dads AU

"Nessa, baby, you've been so distant recently; your dad and I were just wondering what's going on," Papa said.

Shit, Nessa. No escape.

I guess it kinda started about two weeks ago. I just started my junior year of high school, and I was cruising on down to my physics lesson. I honestly love physics; it's so interesting, because there's so much to learn. Unpopular opinion, I know, but I think it's enthralling. I love English and music too, but my definite passion is science and philosophy.

It was because of my passion of physics that I didn't see where I was going, and bumped into her.

She is honestly the most gorgeous person I have ever met, and the only girl to make me question my sexuality.

Amy.

Angel.

Goddess.

So I bumped into her in the hallway, and I helped her pick all of her stuff off the floor. Then it happened; the cheesy rom-com moment. Our hands touched. Sparks flew.

Then I saw her eyes.

Oh god, her eyes.

They were this beautiful, entrancing dark brown colour with so much depth to them.

All these emotions danced through the blood in my veins. I didn't know what to do.

I've been thinking a lot about what happened.

I still don't really know what I am. I hate it. It's all I think about. It prevents my sleep. I just want to know who I am!

I can't tell dad and papa. No way. I heard about dad's bisexuality crisis when he was in high school, and how papa reacted. I can't do that to them. Dad is so busy with work at his law firm, and papa is so stressed with his show opening next week.

This isn't important right now. There are more pressing issues at hand.

"Nessa? What's wrong? Please, honey, tell me," Papa pleaded. I stared into his eyes. They looked so guilt ridden and so... Blue.

"Papa, I'm fine. Really," I snapped.

"No, you're not, you always-"

"Jesus! What the hell is wrong with you? I'm fine. Lay off!"

Then Dad stood up. Uh oh. Looks like they're bringing out the big guns.

Time for Bad Cop.

"Don't you dare talk to your father that way! Nessa, honey, tell us. If you tell us, we can help you."

I could feel my pulse quickening. The blood rushed through my veins; I could feel the painful lump in your throat you get before you cry. I didn't want this. Not now.

"I can't- it's not important."

"Ness, if something is bothering you, then it will always be important," Dad soothed, stroking his hand across my back comfortingly, a gesture I had seen him do to Papa many a time.

"Is it boy trouble?"

I shook my head, reprimanding myself for my falling tears.

"Girl trouble?"

I couldn't help it. The dam burst.

I was engulfed in a wall of comfort that was the embrace of my parents, but I still couldn't feel it.

Instead, I felt relief primarily. No need to come out. They understood. They didn't mind. I also didn't have to deal with telling them I had a crush on someone. My dad's practically did all the hard work for me. But I also had a little nagging voice in the back of my mind telling me that I needed to clear the air.

I still don't know what or who I am.

"Daddy, Papa, her name is Amy. She's absolutely gorgeous and I really, really like her. But she's most definitely straight and taken."

"We love you, honey. Please don't keep things from us. We can always try to help you. No matter what, we are your parents. We will always be here for you. Forever and always." Papa glanced up at Daddy with teary eyes and gently pecked him on the lips.

That made me realise how stupid I had been; of course my two gay dads wouldn't care about my sexuality. It's not just that they're gay themselves, but that they are my parents. They will always support me, and I know that now.

"To clarify, I still don't know what I am. Gay, straight, bi, pan; I have no idea."

"It's okay, Ness. We love you just the same," and Dad kissed my forehead.

Maybe I was dumb in how I overreacted before. I should have just told them, but it's okay because now I have. As soon as I know, I will update my parents. But until then... I'm gonna try my luck with Amy. Who knows, maybe her boyfriend is her beard?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay... its been a while. I am so sorry.

I'm in the middle of the most important exams of my life right now, and this is the most coherent thought I have had since they started.

I hope you will all forgive me.

This one was a little different. More based on personal experience. Let me know what you thought of this one in the comments!

My parents know I'm questioning because they overheard me talking with my friend. Talk about awkward! My mum is still trying to come to terms with it to be honest. She says she has no quarrels about it, but if I were to date a girl, she would probably be a little confused herself. She's slowly getting there. She understands transgender now, which is a massive improvement!

Anyway, thanks for sticking with me.

Oh and 1.59K READS!! THAT'S INSANE!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Let's keep this going!

Alright, have a beautiful day, y'all!

Stay groovy!