Mourning Cory ~ Crisscolfer AU

"Darren? Honey?" Chris asked tentitively, as he tiptoed into his shared house.

He closed his eyes and let out a nasal sigh when he heard smashing from upstairs, along with a thud on the floor.

Please, not again.

Chris darted up the wooden stairs, two at a time, only halting slightly when he reached his and his boyfriend's bedroom.

His heart sank. He could hear Darren's hard and heavy sobs through the door. The door creaked when it was pushed open.

"Dare, baby?"

"Stay. Away. From me," he cried, extending his hands, as if they could somehow force his boyfriend away from oneself.

"Dare, I know you're hurting, but you can't keep pushing me away. I love you. Please don't push me away."

"NO! You don't get to say that. He doesn't. Why should you if he can't?"

"Dare, you're being stupid. Come on, calm-"

"DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, CHRISTOPHER PAUL COLFER. I am not in the mood for that."

"It has been three weeks, Darren, you have to stop this."

"Is three weeks all I get to mourn one of our closest friends and only relationship supporters? He was like a brother to me, Chris," he emphasised, calmer now.

"I love him too."

"No you don't."

There was a deafening silence.

"Excuse you?"

"I said: no you don't. You haven't cried once, Chris. Not once. You claim that you miss him, but I haven't ever once seen you cry. I hate seeing you cry, but just this once, I think you should at least try to care."

"How dare you say that to me? I haven't cried because everyone else is broken apart. Someone has to be strong and if it can't be anyone else, it's got to be me! It's always me making a sacrifice. And what do I get? An accusation of not giving a shit. I'm sorry if I have you like this, Lea, who has gone into hiding, by the way, Amber, Jenna, Naya, Mark, who, again, has gone into hiding and Heather to worry about and pick up the pieces of. When you're all done, then it will be my turn. But if I start, then I won't stop."

Darren's shoulders sagged in sadness; an action Chris had become far too familiar with over the past three weeks. He stood straight again and wrangled his hands together.

"Chris?" he muttered, voice breaking and shaking. If that didn't break his boyfriend's heart, he would be inhuman.

"Yes, Dare?" he questioned, sharply.

"Sorry." Darren extended his hands once more, but this time in search of a comforting cuddle. "Please don't leave me. Please. Please don't die. I need you. I can't live without you. I can't breathe without you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry."

Noticing that the shorter boy's legs were about to buckle, Chris eveloped Darren into a hug and lowered them gently into a kneeling hug, Darren sobbing hard into Chris' shoulder, which he shushed him in.

"It's okay. You're okay, I'm okay, I'm not going anywhere."

Chris stroked the back of his boyfriend's head, feeling him nuzzle into his neck. It was only then that he surveyed his surroundings.

He inhaled sharply. Never had it been this bad.

Glass from picture frames was scattered everywhere, along with the lamp on the floor, photographs everywhere, and a smashed in half table.

"Baby, you have a literal punching bag in the basement. Why didn't you use it?"

"I split it."

Chris pulled back from the hug, holding his lover at arm's length and inspected him.

Greasy, unruly curls was the first thing he saw, followed by hallowed out features due to lack of nutrition, he noticed that the white tank top adorning his love was see through from sweat. The final thing he noticed about the bleak profile was a large gash in his hand, gushing blood.

"Oh my god, Darren! Why didn't you tell me."

"Didn't notice," he commented absently. Why Darren was always hot and cold when upset was beyond Chris. He hated it.

"Dare, we need to go to the hospital. Come on. You can tell me what possessed you to pick a fight with a wooden table on the way," he said, effectively brightening the mood slightly.

"Did I tell you that I used to take karaté?" The way Darren pronounced 'karaté' sounded wonderful. It sounded original and authentic. Kind of like Ralph Maccio in the second and third Karate Kid movies.

Chris smirked. His Darren was back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, everyone!!

Sorry I haven't posted since last year. I have had a lot going on. I'll get better, I promise.

Which brings me onto my next point:

HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR!!

I'm really sorry for the sadness of this chapter (yes, I made myself cry), but I have been in a 'Mourning Cory' mood today. Yeah, I have those. Because I don't really mourn Finn, I thought that I would do a Crisscolfer oneshot instead of Klaine. I'll tell you, though, it was really annoying having to keep deleting the words 'Kurt' and 'Blaine'. It's like I write them instinctively.

Anyway, I'm gonna go... watch some Glee probably. Maybe I'll finally be brave enough to rewatch The Quaterback after goodness knows how many months. Probably not.

Or maybe I should prepare for the two shows and five collective interviews and auditions I have for college. Or learn the songs for my grade 6 singing exam...

But let's be real, I'm about to spend 3 hours in the bath with my laptop and Glee.

Bye, guys!

Stay groovy!