PART 27

Borrow.

I smiled bitterly at the mirror in front of me. Five days. It has been five days since we last talked. He finally said those words I have been afraid to hear of. He finally let me go and be with her. He finally chose Chantal over me. Maybe this is the right time for me to let go too. How many times did I remind myself of this? I laughed sardonically.

I thought life would be easy for me. But it was not. Having been adopted when my parents separated was the hardest part of my life. I wanted attention. I needed attention and love and care. Some gave me what I wanted but still, it wasn't enough. I still needed my parents. I still wanted to be with them. And when I was given the chance to be with my mother, i never wasted the opportunity given to me even if it means leaving the boy who taught me to love for the first time. I thought fixing my broken family would complete me but never did I expect that it would only add the already broken piece of me. I chose to leave him because I wanted to fix my family. I left him so I can be successful in life. I left to have a better future. And I know I achieve all of my plans. Except for one thing, my plan to comeback in his arms and make him the happiest man. It was me who should take the blame, if only i didn't cut my connections with him, maybe we are still together, happy and proud to tell the world and to all of our friends, that we love each other. But that thought didn't happen.

I left my condo thinking of my mistakes. Thinking how stupid I was before. But no matter how hard I try or no matter how I wanted to just go back and change my decisions way back then, there would always be that something, telling me that I can no longer undo the path I chose.

"Good morning ma'am." I smiled at my employee who greeted me before I continue walking inside my office. I busied myself the moment I sat on my chair. I tried to discard Wayne in my thoughts and focus at work. And thank God that I was able to do that. I was reading some papers to sign when I heard my phone rang. I picked up the phone and saw my bestfriend, calling. I cleared my throat and answered the phone.

"Yes? You need something?" I formally asked while reading the paper I am holding. I heard her shrieked which made me knot my brows. "Hey you okay?" I asked worriedly. I heard her hush someone before answering me.

"Hoy babae! Kakauwi ko galing Korea. Meet naman tayo. Miss na kita eh." I sighed and smiled after hearing her say that.

"Okay. Kelan?" Sagot ko sa kanya. Tumili naman siya. Pero maya maya ay napakunot noo muli ako ng marinig na tila umungol siya. "Hoy Brooke? Okay ka lang ba?" Nagtataka ko ng tanong. Narinig ko ang pagsinghap niya sa kabilang linya bago ako sinagot.

"Oh yeah." She cleared her throat. "I mean yes! I'm fine. See you later. Text ko na lang ahh. Oh my God." Singhap niyang muli. May mali sa kanya. I know may nangyayari sa kanya pero hindi ko alam kung ano. "I mean text kita kung saan tayo mag mimeet. Miss you bestfriend. Bye.!" Hindi niya na ako pinatapos dahil binabaan na niya ako. Nakatulala akong nakatingin sa phone ko noong magbukas ang pintuan at iluwa doon ang sekretarya ko.

"Ma'am, may naghahanap po sa inyo." Salubong niya sa akin.

"Sino?" Hindi pa man nagsasalita ang sekretarya ko ay pumasok na ng walang paalam ang taong sinasabi niya.

"Ai. Sir bawal pong pumasok basta basta.!" She said panicking. I just raised my hand as a gesture that I is fine. She stopped and nodded before leaving the two of us.

"It's you again." I asked calmly but deep inside, I am cursing him already. This man does not have the word stop in his vocabulary. Nakakasawa na.

"Yes. Miss me honey?" He said boastfully and winked at me. I rolled my eyes and stood up. Tinalikuran ko siya at tinignan ang kabuuan ng syudad mula sa labas ng salamin ng aking opisina.

"If you came here for the same reason, I just want to tell that my answer is still a no. You can leave my office now." Matigas kong sabi sa kanya. I heard his footsteps coming near me. Kunot noo ko siyang hinarap habang papalapit siya sa akin. He stopped when he was only an inch away from me.

"And you know i am a man of persistence. I don't give up to things I want to have Selena." Yumuko siya para lamang ibulong sa tenga ko iyon. Umayos siya ng tayo at pinakatitigan ako. "And you know it was a double meaning now right?" He said meaningfully. I gasped of what he said. "I want to merge with the company and." He touch my cheek and looked at me with blazing eyes. Namungay ang mga mata niya habang nakatingin sa akin. "And with you. How would it feel being inside you, honey?" Pinanlakihan ko siya ng mga mata sa sinabi niya. Nasampal ko siya ng wala sa oras pero parang wala lang sa kanya.

"Bastos! Leave!" Sigaw ko sabay turo ng pintuan sa kanya. Nakatagilid pa din ang mukha niya. "Leave my office before I call the guards." Nanginginig sa galit kong utos sa kanya. Hinawakan niya ang panga niya at minasahe ang nasampal niyang pisngi bago ako nginitian.

"I'll leave for now, but that won't stop me from getting what I want. Remember Selena. I am Dylan. And I get everything that I want. I will chase you until you'll be mine. Even if it means, borrowing you from someone who broke your heart." Nanlaki lalo ang mga mata ko sa sinabi niya. He knows something. Oh God. He knows something about me. "Yes. I know everything about you, love. And I am willing to mend you up. I am willing to own you not just to borrow you." Sumeryoso ang mukha niya at tumigas ang panga niya. I don't know if he is angry or what. Ang alam ko lang ay may alam siya tungkol sa akin. He left after that without saying goodbye. Nanghina ako sa nangyari. Oh God.

Papaupo na sana ako ng tumunog ang phone ko. I opened the inbox and read Brook's message.

Brooke: See you later at starbucks bestfriend. You know which starbucks I am referring. Love ya.

Napasapo ako ng ulo. How am I gonna tell her about Dylan? I don't even know what would be her reaction if ever I will have the guts to tell her that.