~16~

Dash was up most of the night trying to understand why he felt tingly and strange around her. Why every time she was happy, he was too. Why did he feel real bad about laughing t her and why does he feel all warm and fuzzy inside as he was holding her close?

He looked down at the girl and smiled. The sound of the rain calmed him and helped him to think. He sighed, his emotions were muddled and powerful. So much it had done nothing more than confused the boy more.

He lightly pressed his lips to her head and positioned himself so he wouldn't be uncomfortable. He carefully laid down on his side and pulled Janet with him. She laid on her back, but soon changed to her side and pushed herself against Dash. Wrapping her arms tightly and protectively around him.

Sleep began to seem more appetising as his eyes began to droop. His arms tightened around her waist.

...
Dash opened his eyes the next morning and smiled up at the ceiling of the cave. He seemed to be happy with whatever happened. He felt something shift on his chest and looked down.

Janet.

Janet was laid on his chest with her arms wrapped tight around him still. His smile transformed into a grin.

'It wasn't a dream... I wasn't dreaming' ~ He thought happily as he too wrapped his arms tighter around the girl. He was completely satisfied with his current situation.

Suddenly, Janet jolted awake with wide eyes, startling Dash.

"THAT'S IT!" ~ She yelled excitedly as she turned to face Dash.

"Daniel, remember the other night with those men?" ~ She questioned as if she didn't just awake. Dash nodded, still calming his quickened heart beats.

"They said Syndrome!" ~She stated ecstatic that she figured out something, though Dash was still in the dark.

"So?" ~ He questioned in a -Tell me more- kind of tone. Her mouth formed an 'O' shape, realising she hadn't continued.

"You said that Syndrome was the weirdest villain you fought. Villain, Dan, Villain!" ~ She announced as pure happiness continued to burst in her (E/C) eyes like fireworks. Dash chuckled.

"Okay, so you remember what I said from last week?" ~ He questioned teasingly as he poked her cheek and she playfuly pouted like a child.

"Can't you be happy that my smarticles are showing for once!" ~ She snapped childishly and Dash laughed.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry I ruined your smarticles moment" ~ He apologised, mocking her made up word. She glared at him, but couldn't help it. She had to smile.

"Listen" ~ She whined and Dash stopped laughing.

"Syndrome is our enemy here! So there is a purpose to being here after all!" ~ She announced, a hint of relief in her voice.