~17~

After the spark of happiness died down, your face began to glow red remembering last nights events. You bit your lip as you looked up at Daniel.

He looked down at you, but quickly averted his gaze. Light pink dusting his cheeks. You tilted your head to the left in confusion, your (H/L) hair followed the way your head tilted, draping over your shoulder.

"Whats wrong Dan?" ~ You asked curiously and he weakly shook his head.

"N-nothing" ~ He stuttered, followed by very quiet and muttered curse words. You smiled warmly.

"But your face is turning red?.. Are you sure you're okay?" ~You asked, your smile falling and worry entered your mind. He gave a small nod.

"You haven't gotta fever have you?" ~ You questioneed as you moved to be in front of him. You looked him straight in the eye.

" Yeah, I-I'm alright. I h-haven't got a fever" ~ He replied awkwardly as you placed the palm of your hand on his forehead.

"Then why are you burning up and bright red? Dan, you should take more care of yourself!" ~ You scolded and he huffed.

"I told you! I've not got a fever! I'm fine woman, leave me be!" ~ He snapped and now you huffed.

'Fool! I'm only thinking about his health. I don't even know why I care for such an asshole!' ~ You thought irritably as you glared at him.

"If it isn't a God damn fever, then what the hells got you so flustered?!" ~ You snapped with a hint of annoyance. The red grew darker and much more evident. Something nuzzled into your side, startling you. You looked down and saw Flame.

'Oop's, is it incredibly bad to say, I totally forgot he was here?' ~ You questioned mentally.

He muttered something, but it was too quiet and you couldn't quite catch it.

"What was that?" ~ You questioned, your anger fading as you once again became calm.

"N-nothing!" ~ He exclaimed, once again he was flustered.

"Tell me" ~ You whined like a child.

"It was nothing" ~ He repeated, though this time he didn't stutter. You rose a brow.

"If it was nothing, then why ya red... Again?" ~ You questioned with a small smirk.

"You're just too cute! Happy now" ~ He snapped in reply, you were taken back. Shock bit at you.

'Well... Must say, I din't expect that one...' ~ You thought as everything became awkward and the air tense. Dan smirked.

"Only joking!" ~ He laughed and you sighed in relief. Your cheeks shaded a light pink as you couldn't believe you believed him of all people!