On Love Potions and Charms

Prologue

Dear Diary

Let me tell you one thing straight. It's hard to become the famous Gypsy in school. You know why? It's because people will only remember you when they actually need you. Plastics start hanging out with you when they want you to help them get that well-known quarterback as their boyfriend or if that isn't enough, jerks start flirting with you when they want you to help them get that hot English teacher fall so hard for them. Every day, you get surrounded by people who just need your talent but not your company. Well, everyone except Quest of course! She's my awesomely cool bestie since the start of high school. I trusted her enough to tell her who I am, a Gypsy-in-training. I'm not that good yet but I know that I'll improve and become the best!

Even though not all of my potions and charms are successful in my first try, I still have to make them again until everything is perfect. I don't want my Gypsy powers to disappear. Yes, my Gypsy powers can fade and never come back. How, you might ask? There are two reasons. One, it's when I stop making potions and charms for a month. My ancestors made it some kind of Bloodline curse that if you would stop helping other people, they would take away your power. Therefore, I have to make potions and charms at least once a month. Second, it's when I break one of the five Gypsy Rules. What are they? Well, they're the set of rules my ancestors made to make our Gypsy jobs organized and appropriate.

Rule Number 5: Leave every client satisfied

When a client says that they want somebody to fall madly in love with them, you have to make that person fall MADLY in love with them. Not puppy love. Not infatuation. Not some simple crush. PURE MAD LOVE.

Rule Number 4: Don't get too close with them after the job is done

Well, it's not really a needed rule but it was made for our own good. You see, right after my job is done, my client and his or her partner will forget me. Their memories of me would be taken away once the spell has been made. It would seem far too awkward if you hang out with the clients who don't know you anymore. Also, it would hurt far too much especially if you are friends with the clients before. This system of memory vanishing was made to keep the lives of Gypsies safe, so I'm not going to complain about it.

Rule Number 3: Never leave your client unless the job is finished

Yep. You have to finish the job completely therefore, this stops me from backing out. Once you have a job, finish it. Never drop out.

Rule Number 2: Only entertain the people who can recite the request chant properly

So whether it's that bastard who bullied you since middle school or that Ms. Fake-Shimmy-Shiny-Lipgloss who poured grape juice on your head back in 3rd grade, if they recite the chant properly, then entertain them. Every single one of 'em. The chant is pretty easy though.

"Gypsy, Gypsy, hear my plea.

My request you shall grant

For I have uttered successfully

The very ancient Gypsy chant."

I really don't have a choice. My freedom gets strained because of this rule. Sucker, really.

Rule Number 1: Never say 'no'

Yep. Never and I mean never ever say no. Grant every request, make every potion and charm. So, even if a geek would ask you to match him up with a hot cheerleader, you can't say no. It's disgusting, I know, but what can I do? My ancestors thought that if we chose among our clients, it would be unfair for the others. I see their point and understand.

So there you have it. Here I am, being some normal teenager in high school. But I know that my life is far from normal though. Sweet lemons! Is that the time?! I'm super late for my first period! Gotta go now, Diary, Quest is waiting for me in the hall. I wonder what gossips she has in store for me for today. See ya later. Buh-bye~

Love,

Anthony 'Annie' Courice XOXO

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

Yo, check out MsHalo. Her name is enough to make you read her stories.