Chapter 20: What? What? What?

*Chapter Twenty*

(*‘-‘*) Annie's POV:

                When we arrived in the cafeteria, we spotted Raven and Vincent forming their line. I guess they haven’t gotten their food yet. Where’s Marzia? I looked around and saw her sitting on one seat in a round table with four empty chairs. Maybe she’s there to reserve our seats.

                “Hey Annie.” Raven greeted us when Quest and I were closer. I smiled at him and he smiled back. My eye then landed on the person next to him. Vincent. He wasn’t looking at me. He was busy talking to the cafeteria lady. I looked at his tray and it was filled with a lot of dishes. Whoa. Is he planning about gaining weight? I mean, look at his body. He must be going in gyms and stuff. One could already see his body build and who would dare hate it? It’s so fit and so-

                “Annie?” Raven’s voice called me out.

                “Mouthwatering.” I suddenly said out loud. What the-? Why did I say that again?

                “What?” He raised his brow.

                “What?” I asked. I felt my cheeks heat up. Oh gosh. What have I done? Err… said, I mean. I turned to Quest for help

                “What?” Quest didn’t get the idea and joined the ‘what’ conversation.

                “What?” I asked again. I sound like a complete idiot! Brain to Annie, Brain to Annie. Red alert. Red alert! This is not a drill. This is not a drill!

                “Ohhhkay. This is creeping me out.” Raven said and laughed a bit. He made all the tension disappear with his laugher.

                “I’m sorry. I meant to say that all the food here is mouthwatering.” I smiled shyly. Please don’t let him see through my lie.

                “I see. You must be hungry already.”

                “Yes. Yes, I am.” I quickly said. It’s not like I want to sound like a pig but anything to distract him will do.

                “Oh. Don’t worry. Vince and I got all the food covered. Will you guys get the drinks for all of us?” He said as he walked behind Vincent. The line was moving forward. I see. No wonder Vincent has a lot of dishes on his tray. It’s meant for all of us. Stupid Annie.

                “Sure. No problem.” Quest said from my back. Raven nodded at us and walked towards our table. Vincent still didn’t look at me. What’s his problem?

                “Come on. You heard your man. Let’s go get the drinks.” Quest said and I looked at her in surprise. How long was I standing here? What am I doing? What is my name again?

                “Okay.” I mumbled. Quest was the one doing the ordering thing. Wait. Drinks? This could be it. I could put my love potion now. This is it! Sweet lemons! Thank you god of Coca cola! You have been so merciful to me. I finally have an opening! I turned to Quest and spoke softly.

                “Hey, Quest.”

                “Yeah?” She didn’t turn her head at me. She was busy looking at the cafeteria lady putting our drinks on our tray. She must be going over them.

                “Where’s the lemon- I mean, Vincent’s drink?” I asked. My voice was still soft that only Quest could hear it.