Chapter 14: The Annoying Dang Phone

*Chapter Fourteen*

(*‘-‘*) Annie's POV:

                “Thank you, Annie.” Quest said when we went out of the locker room. Classes were done for the day and we are now making our way out of the school. Quest wouldn’t stop thanking me since lunch time. She keeps on talking about how she was very comfortable being with Vincent’s company too. However, I didn’t ask her what they were talking about. She might think I’m jealous or something even though I’m not.

                “You’re welcome. Again. For the eighteenth time, Quest” I playfully rolled my eyes at her. She smiled and looked ahead. We were now walking in the main hall and posters of announcements were plastered on the wall. There was also a trophy case on the side. It contains all the trophies, medals, and plaques that the school gained for the past years. I looked at it up and down. This school is famous for its music concerts and sports events. Sadly, I’m not into both of them. So why did I enroll in this school? It’s the closest one from home.

                “Nice necklace, Annie. Where did you buy it?” Quest suddenly asked me. Her question caused me to hold the necklace in my hands. I touched the carvings with my fingertips again. The carvings are definitely the cherry on top of this accessory. It’s just so intricate.

                “Oh, this?” I looked at it and smiled. It was on my neck since last night. I didn’t take it off at all. Even when I was sleeping, the necklace was still there. “It’s from Raven. He gave it to me last night during our date.” She mouthed a short ‘Ohh…’

                “You know, Vince was eying at it during lunch time. When we went to grab our drinks, he mentioned it as well.” Quest said and held the necklace in her hands. Does he have anything against necklaces? I mean, I know he’s a guy but come on. Really? Necklace fetish much?

                “What did he say?” It was my turn to ask. She let goes of my necklace and simply shrugged.

                “He said that he didn’t like the necklace you were wearing. That it didn’t suit you. And then, you know what? He turned at me and flashed me his killer smile then said that it suited me more than you.” Quest giggled like a fan girl in a One Direction concert. Only this time, it wasn’t the British boy band she was giggling about. Oh, so that was what they were talking about. It was the reason why Quest was giggling when they returned to our table. “I hope you didn’t find that offensive coming from me. I wanted to defend you but then he quickly went back to the table and left me behind his back.”

                “It’s okay. I’m not mad. Wait. He did what?! He left you?” My eyes opened wide in disbelief. How could he do that? He is so not thoughtful unlike Raven.

                “Yeah. But that’s okay though. He called me a ‘pretty lady’ anyway.” Quest squealed again. I looked at her and sighed out. It can’t be help. Quest is just so in love right now. Her face suddenly dropped and looked sad. Whoa, that was a fast turn of emotions coming from her.

                “Quest? Something wrong?” I asked her. What did Vincent do to her?

                “Well, remember that time when he said that he wanted to have my number?” Quest began. She didn’t turn her head at me. She was just staring ahead in blankness.

                “Yeah. What about it?” I quickened my pace to see her face.

                “Umm… I don’t know. He didn’t seem interested about getting it.” She frowned and looked down. Oh no he didn’t. He did not just hurt my best friend. “You see, when we were walking towards the locker room together, I was about to give it to him but then he would say ‘Wait, let’s talk more.’ So I did that. After a while, I decided to try giving it to him again but his reply was the same. I did it again and again but still, the results were the same. In the end, he didn’t get my number at all.”