Chapter 32: His Cheerleader Wallpaper Versus My Virgin Eyes

*Chapter Thirty Two*

(*‘-‘*) Annie's POV:

                We had fun in the meadow. It was actually my first time being in one so I got totally amazed with the place. Raven mentioned about giving me a kiss but then nothing happened. Maybe he wanted to do it after I become his girlfriend but since that didn’t happen, so did the kiss. I want to come back here next time but then, this lot would already be owned by Vincent by then. What a drawback.

                It was already five, therefore, it’s time to go home. It’s a three-hour long drive back to my place so it’s best to be going now. Everyone was taking part in putting things back to the car. Marzia and I were helping one another to fold the picnic cloth. Vincent picked up some pieces of the trash that we left behind. It wasn’t his lot yet but he said he want to keep it clean before we leave. Raven was carrying the picnic basket along with my marigold and placed them in the car’s trunk. After that, he began to start the car.

                Marzia and I were still folding. Vincent commented that we were so slow in doing our task but it was mostly because Marzia and I were busy chatting with one another. She told me that she also invited Quest to the gala in the last minute. I was having mixed feelings on that. In my peripheral vision, I saw Vincent kneeling down to pick up an empty bottle of soda. Something shiny fell out of his pocket and he didn’t seem to notice. He just directly continued on to pick up another empty bottle a few feet away from him. I called out to Marzia to tell her about it.

                “Marzia did you-”

                “Nope.” She replied with an amused smile on her lips.

                “But you did. You-”

                “Nope.” She continued folding. What?! I’m pretty sure she saw that. Her eyes were on it when I looked at her.

                “I saw you-”

                “Nope.” We were done folding the cloth. She quickly took it in her hands and smiled at me again.

                “I’m worried. I mean-”

                “Nope.” She turned around and began heading back to the car. I’m pretty sure that she’s still smiling. “If chica is that worried, then ida.”

                At first, my expression was a scowl. What did she say? I still can’t understand her, sweet lemons! I turned back to the object on the grass. Oh well. My feet seemed to be hypnotized as I went closer. When I was close, I realized that it was Vincent’s phone. Did Marzia know what it was? Should I pick it up? Of course, duh!

                I picked his phone up and looked at it. I should better return this to him as soon as possible, you know. OF COURSE NOT! He messed up with my phone last time so it’s only fair if I do the same. My fingers were shaking as I unlocked his phone screen. I was so nervous to see his cheerleader wallpaper. Oh my virgin eyes! I quickly shut my eyes when the phone menu opened. Thank goodness! I mean, what the heck?! I have to open them so that I could see what I’m doing. Gawd, Annie, you’re so dumb sometimes.

                I slowly opened my eyes and it widened upon seeing his wallpaper. It can’t be…

                His wallpaper was a girl. From the looks of it, she was facing towards the direction of the camera but not directly at it. She was wearing a pastel camise top and jeans. She was leaning on the white picket fence. And… she was smiling…