Chapter 15

One week later

I went to get out of my bunk this morning and realized something. It's my birthday! I hopped out of bed but no one was in their own beds. I checked Brendon's room and they weren't there either. Where'd they go? Lastly, I checked the lounge and they were still no where to be found. I did see a note on the table though which said:

Laurel,
We now have a scavenger hunt for you. Have fun finding us! Now, your first number you have to look for is a 1. These go from 1-15 since it's your 15th birthday. There will be a hint on the back of every number card to where the next number is. First hint: you eat here. Goodluck!

                                 - The Crew

Oh great. Well the only place I eat in here is the lounge and there's nothing here. I looked out the window and down the hill was a diner. Perfect! I ran down to the diner and walked inside. When I got in there, I was looking around when I found a platter of pancakes. They had rainbow sprinkles on top with whipped cream. And there was a note with the number one on it.

Hey Laurel!
Here's your birthday breakfast! Dig in! Now goodluck finding #2! Hint: you buy clothes here and it's your FAVORITE store.

I ate the breakfast which was amazing and took the note with me. I went outside and then instantly spotted a mall. Yes! Now what's my favorite store in the mall?... OH! I ran into Forever 21 and found a package with the number 2 on it. It was a really cute pair of shorts, a t-shirt, and a necklace with an L on it. I read the note that was attached.

Wow you're on a roll Laur! Alright so we really hope you enjoyed breakfast! Hope you find #3! Hint: this is a place that helps cover your face and also has things that smell good.

I walked around the whole mall and found an Ulta. Yeah! Makeup and perfume! I walked into the store and there was a box with the Ari perfume in it and some new makeup. After that, the notes went on and on.

By the time I got to 14, I had (not counting the things I already have) hair accessories, a choker, a guitar pick, a bracelet, a ring with my initial on it, a pair of sunglasses, a new pair of sneakers, a snapback, a penny board, a new phone case, and a polaroid camera (with film.) All I had to find now was #15. I read the note in the place that the camera was.

All you gotta find is number 15 Laur!! Alrighty! So now, we want you to go back to the bus. See ya there!

Are you kidding? I walked all of that way ugh. An idea struck me though. Why walk when I can use my new penny board? I made my way back to the bus and opened the doors. I went into the lounge and everyone was there. An electric guitar was being held by Brendon and the number 15 was on it. I covered my mouth and ran over to it. I grabbed the note off of it and the back read.

Hope you have one hell of a birthday Laurel! Now, last surprise (if you say yes)...

Will you join the band?

For some reason, I began getting really emotional. My eyes began welling with tears. I nodded my head yes and ran up to Brendon to hug him.
"Thank you!" I squealed happily.
"No problem darlin!" He said back.
It took me a moment before I realized something. What about Kenny?
"Um Brendon?" I asked.
"Yeah?" He asked back.
"What about Kenny?" I questioned.
"We worked this out. You'll play one week of shows, and then he'll play a week of shows. You two will switch back and forth each week." He explained.
A wave of relief rushed through me. Phew.
"Okay awesome!" I exclaimed.
"Guys I just wanna say something." I announced.
Everyone's attention was focused on me.
"Thank you, for everything. For being so nice to me, for doing all of this for me today. It was amazing. Thank you." I said.
"Ah it was no big deal!" Dallon told me.
"Yeah, we'd do it everyday for you. You deserve it." Dan said.
"Yep! And I mean, I'm better friends with you than I will be with any of my other friends so I'd do it anytime for you!" Sarah sincerely said.
I smiled. This was the sweetest thing anyone's every done for me. I looked at Brendon and gave him a hug.
"Thanks dad." I said.
"Ah you're welcome." Brendon replied.
I posted a few pictures I took while doing the scavenger hunt on Instagram and one on Twitter. I decided to leave social media alone for a bit since it was blowing up with happy birthday messages. We sat and enjoyed each other's company and then ate cake. I got the biggest piece, of course. When I put a bite up to my mouth, frosting got all over my lips. I laughed and Brendon sat right next to me. I kissed Brendon on the cheek.
"Oh that's how you wanna play huh?" Brendon asked.
He looked at two of his fingers, got frosting on them, and smeared it on my forehead. This resulted in Sarah throwing a small piece of cake at Brendon because of how he "harassed" me, which also lead to Dallon smearing a handful of frosting on Sarah for hitting Brendon. And then lead to me throwing a small piece of cake at Dan for just sitting there which lead to Kenny throwing a handful of frosting at me. The fight went on and on. This was officially a birthday cake fight. The fight went on and on until finally we called a truce. We had frosting all over ourselves and on the ground. I whipped my phone out.
"Get in for a selfie guys!" I told them.
All of them came over and took a picture with me. This is definitely a keeper. We all looked like a candy factory exploded on us. This is the most fun I've ever had on my birthday.

Later before the show

"Laurel, tomorrow is your first show since it's a Sunday because Sundays start off the week." Brendon explained.
"I'm not stupid. I know that Sunday starts the week." I replied laughing.
Brendon hit me with the schedule paper and we both laughed.
Brendon heard Fall Out Boy play their last song.
"Alright kid. That's my cue. I have to go on." Brendon told me as he ran for backstage.
I followed him.
"Goodluck dad!" I yelled to him.
He gave me a thumbs up and ran onto the stage.
Sarah and I were dancing like usual backstage to the music. Wow. I can't believe that starting tomorrow, I'll be an official band member! After they played Bohemian Rhapsody, the guys came off stage except for Brendon who sat on top of the piano. I looked around with confusion.
"What are you guys doing? You need to be on stage!" I whispered.
"Not quite yet. We have a minute." Dallon said.
"Wait but wh-" I began saying in confusion.
Kenny and Dan turned me so I was facing the stage again and made me be quiet.
"Alright guys. So some of you may know that today is Laurel's birthday!" Brendon announced.
I covered my mouth. What's he going to do?
"So first, I'd like to announce that Laurel will be joining the band!" He revealed as the crowd erupted in screaming.
Brendon laughed and so did I.
"And do not worry guys, Kenny is not leaving. Him and Laurel will take turns performing each week." He explained.
"But, I'd like to welcome her on stage so Laurel." He said looking over at me.
I walked onto the stage with my phone because I know that he'd probably have something planned. And I was right.
"I'd like you all to help me serenade Laurel with happy birthday! You guys ready?" Brendon asked.
Everyone screamed yes.
"Alright! And a 1... 2... 3!" Brendon yelled.
The whole crowd and Brendon sang happy birthday to me. I saw Dallon, Kenny, Dan, and Sarah singing it too. I filmed the whole thing. This was a special moment I'd never want to forget.
After they sang confetti dropped down over me. I tucked me phone away and ran over to Brendon to hug him. This couldn't have been a better birthday.
===============================
Hey hey hey!! So I hope you liked Laurel's birthday chapter because I had fun writing it. And I have a few user recommendations for you guys! So go check out these user's fanfics

intothedarkwoods
My_fallout_disco

They're really good and I enjoy reading them a lot. Thanks for reading guys!

♡Blitz♡