Chapter 20

I woke up in my same outfit from last night. I could stand a week or two in here right? It wasn't that bad. I went into my sweatshirt pocket and pulled out my phone. I had a text from Sarah.

S: We were able to locate the street you're on with the picture of the address. Don't worry Laurel, we'll be there soon :)

L: Sarah thank you so much! I love you! How'd Brendon react?

S: First off, you're welcome and ily too. We're not telling him yet. We're surprising him once we get you.

I heard Parker coming up the steps.

L: Okay I gtg love you. Thanks again Sarah.

S: Np. Love you too. Stay strong babe, we're coming for you

I quickly tucked my phone away in my bag. Parker twisted the doorknob and opened the door. He slammed a tray down with food on it on my desk.
"Here's your breakfast." He hissed.
I just rolled my eyes and shut the door. I locked it too so I could eat in peace. I sat eating my small bowl of oatmeal. I wondered how much longer I'd be here for.

L: Hey Sarah. I'm back but where are you as of right now?

S: Well I was going to surprise you too. We're in Seattle since we've known where you are for a few days now. We just took a plane instead of driving. We should be at the house you're in tonight by 9:00pm. How are you holding up?

L: Yes! Sar, he said I can't leave my room as punishment. So I'm stuck in the room and he abuses me. Please hurry. I love you.

S: Don't worry baby girl we're coming. Please stay strong. We'll be there soon I promise. Love you too.

That made me feel much more content about this whole situation. I was laying on my bed with nothing to do. I forgot how boring it is to not be able to do anything. At least when I was a foster kid I was forced to clean and I was allowed out of my room. I thought it was bad when I had to clean, but I realized how much worse being bored out of your mind is. You know, maybe I could have some fun with this though. I could make Parker think that I ran away again. That's it! Then he'll go out looking for me, I'll have some time out of my room, and who knows when he'll be back. The cops will probably be here to bust him! I hopped off of the bed and opened my door. I ran to the bathroom and slammed the door from the outside, running back into my room. I grabbed my bag, stuffed my phone in it, and hid under the bed. I heard Parker sprinting up the stairs. Well that was faster than I expected. I listened to my floorboards creak as Parker maneuvered frantically around my room.
"No.. not again.. ugh I let that bitch escape damn it..." Parker mumbled.
I snickered quietly to myself. He seriously thought I was gone again. Is he that stupid? He ran out of my room and jiggled the doorknob of the restroom. He began to pound on the door.
"Laurel this isn't funny!" He yelled.
It seems pretty funny to me.
"You'll be punished! Unlock this door now!" Parker screamed.
"Fine! Don't say I didn't warn you, you little bitch!" He exclaimed.
I heard him open a closet and grab a key. So that's how he got into the bathroom the other night. He realized that I wasn't there and began to panic. I heard him rush downstairs and head out the door. I heard him fumbling around with his keys and then slamming the door behind him.

I checked the time on my phone and it was about 5:00pm. Parker still wasn't back yet? I went downstairs to get a bite to eat. I made myself a sandwich and had some chips. After I ate, I covered up all traces that I was there and went back upstairs. I flopped down on top of my bed and began laughing. Parker is such an idiot. I charged my phone while he was gone too so that I could text Sarah.