Chapter 30

The next day, I woke up on the couch with a blanket over me. I must've fallen asleep last night after all of the excitement. I let out a yawn and stretched before grabbing my phone off of the coffee table. I turned it on and noticed that I had many missed calls and texts. What's that all about? Apparently, the number was deleted from my contacts because there was no name. Unless I don't know this person. I opened my phone and checked all of the messages

Hey is this Laurel?
Please answer
Come on I'm desperate here
Look I know you're probably ignoring me
I know you're there
Damn it Laurel. Alright I'll call you
*4 missed calls*
Why aren't you answering?
Please pick up
Fine. Goodnight.

I was very confused as to why some random person was texting and calling me. It was supposedly for something important but oh well. I finally got the energy to respond.

L: Who the hell is this and how did you get my number?

A few minutes later I got a response.

Unknown: Okay good. Why were you ignoring me?

L: Ignoring you? I don't even know this number!

Unknown: Are you fucking kidding me?

L: Nope wish I was... now tell me who the fuck this is before i call the cops.

Unknown: It's... it's Jett

My face dropped. I haven't talked to Jett for about a year. How'd he get my number again?

L: How'd you get my number?

J: Well I asked my uncle to text your dad and ask him what it was and BAM! Here I am.

L: Well I don't need you in my life anymore. Go away and stop texting me.

J: No Laur wait... I need your help.

L: Okay first of all, do NOT call me Laur. Only my friends and family call me that. And two, why would I wanna help you after the way you treated me? I shouldn't do anything for you.... But what's in it for me?

J: Look. I know I was a jerk but I need revenge on someone. I'll pay you $100.

L: Listen here. You're lucky that I'm actually agreeing to do this. I always love a good revenge plot so I'm in. But after this, never EVER talk to me again. Are we clear?

J: Fine. Yes, we're clear. Meet me at Mulholland Drive at 12

L: K bye

And that concluded our conversation. It was only about nine o'clock so I still had some time to relax. I turned on the TV and sat up. Shortly after, Brendon came down.
"Morning sunshine." he said.
"Morning Brendon!" I replied.
"Whatcha watching?" He asked.
"I'm watching cartoons. Duh." I explained while pointing to the screen.
"Wow sassy today." Brendon responded.
I laughed and continued to watch cartoons with him. I eventually got up and got myself a bowl of cereal.
"Hey is it okay if I meet up with someone at noon?" I asked.
"Who would this someone be?" He questioned.
"Jett..." I mumbled.
"Who?" He asked again.
"Jett!" I blurted out.
I could tell that Brendon was not happy when I said who it was.
"Jett? The same Jett that broke your heart? That bastard! I'm going to kick his ass!" Brendon fumed.
"Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down. He needs help. I was willing to help him just for today. Then I told him to never talk to me again. I mean, he's paying me." I explained.
"Okay fine. But don't get yourself hurt again. If anything goes wrong, just call." He said.

I agreed and went upstairs to start getting ready. I did my morning routine and got dressed afterwards. I went downstairs, said goodbye to Sarah, Brendon, and Larissa, then headed out. I hopped on my bike and rode to the destination. When I arrived, I saw Jett leaning against a tree. I approached him rather slowly though.
"Hey Laur, great to see you!" He said while giving me a hug.
"Can't say the feeling is mutual." I replied, not hugging back.
"Okaaay... well anyways, we're getting revenge on someone from school. She was my new..." He started to say before stopping.
"You're new what?" I asked.
"...girlfriend." He said hesitantly.
I began to start feeling uncomfortable around him. Ugh I have to deal with this for a few hours?
"Well what happened?" I questioned while beginning to grow impatient.
"She cheated. I need revenge. And you're helping." He said.

I rolled my eyes. Oh boy. This is going to be a long day.