Chapter 2

I jumped out of bed and a smile immediately spread onto my face. I went downstairs and Carmen made me a special breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and waffles. She made up our plates and then we sat down together at the table. We talked and before I knew it, it was 8:00.
"Carmen I'm so sorry but I have to go get ready." I informed her.
"Okay sweetie. I'll be here when you're done." she assured me.
I smiled and went upstairs so that I could start getting ready. I threw on a pink Melanie Martinez shirt, a Panic! At the Disco necklace, and high waisted jean shorts. I put on my grey converse and walked into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Then, I flat ironed my hair and did my usual makeup routine. I checked my room for anything I may have forgotten and closed the door one last time. I walked down the stairs and Carmen looked at me. I looked at her too, dropped my bags, and we embraced. I only knew her for a few days but she was so sweet to me. She loved me like her own daughter. I talked to Carmen until it was time for me to go.

I was driven to the airport and I unloaded my bags from the car. I waved goodbye to Carmen and went to wait for my plane. I glanced down at my ticket and read that I should go to Terminal B and I was... wow... I was first class? I had never read the ticket until now. This is so cool. My first time ever being on a plane and I get to be in the good part. My new family must be rich! After waiting for about an hour, I finally boarded and I got situated in my seat. I put my carry on in its compartment, pulled a tray down, and set my laptop on it. I opened it up and typed in the link to Youtube. I started watching a few videos when I suddenly got a Twitter notification on my phone. I checked to see what it was and it turns out, Brendon tweeted about the surprise!

The surprise should be here in a few hours. Be patient, it's coming.

I squealed and the woman next to me gave me a look like I was insane. Her loss. I put on music and turned it to the right volume where it was just softly playing. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

I jolted at the tap on my shoulder. It was one of the flight attendants.
"Wake up, miss. We're here!" She said in a sing-song voice.
I stretched and yawned. I gathered my belongings and headed out the door of the plane. I ran to luggage claim to try and get there when it wasn't so crowded. I sat there waiting for a while until I finally saw my suitcase. I grabbed it and walked out the doors. A burst of the California air hit me. I took a deep breath and exhaled. It was good to be here. I saw a sign that was addressed to my name. I walked over to the man holding it and smiled.
"Hello miss. Are you Laurel Forrester?" He asked.
"Yes sir!" I said happily.
"Ok follow me. Your father has given you a special escort to his home."
"Father? You mean I don't have a mom or anything? No siblings?" I questioned.
"Yes. I'm afraid the adoption agency never informed you. I mean, the only way you'd count siblings is maybe if you count his dogs." He said and let out a jolly chuckle.
I just had to laugh too. This guy was just so nice to not make me laugh. I guess I'm okay with just a dad. At least I have a home now. And that's all that matters to me.

=== 45 MINUTES LATER ===

I got out of the car and grabbed my suitcase and bags. My dad's house was huge! I was definitely right about that rich part. I walked up to the door and turned the knob. I walked into the house and looked around. It was beautiful inside. It smelled good, was very clean, and looked like somewhere I'd enjoy living. I was taking it all in when I heard singing from the kitchen and the sound of cooking. I laughed. My new dad must love to sing. And now that I think about it, he was pretty good too.
"Oww goddamnit I just burnt myself!" he sang out.
I couldn't help but laugh and I guess he heard me because he stopped and I heard footsteps. I stood there waiting to meet him and see who he was. I held my bags tightly as the steps got closer and closer. He whipped around the corner and when I saw his face, I knew exactly who it was. I dropped my bags, my jaw dropped, and I ran over to hug him. My new dad was Brendon Urie.
===============================
Sorry it's been FOREVER since I've updated but I've just been busy and haven't had much time to write. Thank you guys so much for the support on the last chapter especially since I just started. You guys know who you are so thanks :) Alright so I left you on a little cliff hanger but what do you think? I'll try to update more often and thanks for reading!

♡Blitz♡