Chapter 23

2 weeks later

Brendon woke me up at 6:30. It was my first day of school today.
"Sarah made breakfast so come down and eat some then get ready." Brendon informed me.
"Okay." I said tiredly.
I walked downstairs and the smell of pancakes engulfed the room. Sarah set a plate down with three pancakes on it for me. She placed a big bottle of syrup next to it.
"Enjoy!" She said.
"I will." I replied.
I ate the pancakes rather quickly and hurried up the stairs to get ready. It was my first day and I wanted to look presentable. School started at 8:30 and it was only 7:00. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and applied my makeup. I decided to go for a natural look today. I had already plugged in the curling iron so I curled my hair. I combed them apart a little bit so that my hair was more wavy than curly. I ran to my room and put on a Panic! At the Disco tank top, skinny jeans, and my black Chuck Taylors. I grabbed a jean jacket because even though this is high school, I doubt they let you wear tank tops without something covering you. Because you know, boys just drool over girls' shoulders... not. I grabbed my backpack and stuffed my lunch into it. I checked the time and it was 8:00.
"Ready!" I yelled.
Brendon drove me off to the school which was only ten minutes away. We jammed out to Panic! on the way there.

Brendon pulled up to the school.
"Remember you have your recording session with Andy and the guys today." Brendon told me.
"How could I forget?" I asked.
Brendon smiled.
"Okay. Well I'll see you after school. Love you." He said quickly.
"Love you too." I replied.
Brendon sped off after letting me out of the car. Him and Sarah were acting really strange today. Usually it's Brendon who makes breakfast and Sarah ate a lot of pancakes. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. I grabbed my schedule out of my bag. I saw a girl that looked about my age and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and had a Panic! At the Disco shirt on too. I had to smile and stop myself from laughing. The expression on her face when she realized who I was, was priceless.
"You're... you're..." She stuttered.
"Laurel Urie." I finished while giving her a smile.
"I love your dad's band and you're an awesome guitar player." She said.
I laughed.
"Thanks. What's your name?" I asked.
"Poppy Bennett." She answered.
"I like that name." I complimented.
"Thanks. So why'd you tap me on the shoulder?" She asked.
"Oh! Right. Can you show me around? I've never been to this school before." I said.
Apparently they combined middle school and high school at one building.
"Sure! We can get to know each other better too." She beamed.
"Okay." I replied with a smile.
Poppy and I walked around. She showed me around to all of the classrooms and the cafeteria.
"So what's it like being famous?" Poppy asked.
"Definitely interesting." I responded.
She laughed.
"How long have you been going here?" I asked.
"Since sixth grade." She answered.
We asked each other more questions about our lives and then the bell rang. We walked to class together and took our seats. So far, I was having a great first day.

Brendon's POV

I drove home as fast as possible to Sarah just in case. I knew nothing could possibly happen but I wanted to be there with her. I walked into the door to see Sarah sitting on the couch watching TV.
"Did you tell her?" She asked.
I shook my head.
"Brendon!" She whined.
"I'm sorry. I panicked. Besides, I want to tell her with you. We'll tell her when she gets home from recording with the guys." I told her.
"Okay. I hope she doesn't get upset that we didn't tell her sooner." Sarah replied.
"Me too." I said back.

Laurel's POV

I walked down to lunch with Poppy. We sat down together and began eating.
"So give me the low down on everyone here." I said.
"Okay well... You see that table over there? That's where all of the jocks sit. Sometimes their girlfriends will tag along. So basically the popular kids. That girl standing in line with the other two, avoid them. They're the snobs and they will cause drama and be rude to you. That table is where the nerds sit, that one is where the quiet kids sit, and then there's this table, which we're sitting at, and it's in between popular and not popular. So just the normal table." She explained.
"Wow that was a mouthful." I commented.
"You asked, I answered." She replied.
I smiled. I really like Poppy.

Before I knew it, the day was over. I gathered my things and went outside. I saw Brendon's car and ran to it. But first I said bye to Poppy. I put my book bag on the floor of the car and let out a sigh. Brendon still seemed nervous about something.
"How was y-your first day kid?" Brendon asked.
"Great but, is there something bothering you? You're acting kind of strange." I questioned.
"What? No! Me? No! Nothing's wrong!" he said quickly.
I just decided to let it go.
"Alright whatever you say." I replied.
We drove to the studio and I walked in. Juliet was sitting outside of the recording room. She turned around when I came in.
"Hi. You must be Laurel. I'm Juliet." She said putting her hand out.
I shook it.
"Yep!" I responded.
"Great! The boys are in there. They're waiting for you." She informed me.
"Okay thanks so much!" I said.
"No problem." She replied with a smile.
When I walked in, the boys greeted me and we did our thing. The recording session was over quickly. We did pretty good on timing. I said goodbye to everyone and walked outside. I got into Brendon's car but Sarah was with him. They turned around to look at me since they were up front.
"What?" I asked.
"Laurel we have news." Brendon said.
"What news? Tell me, tell me, tell me." I repeated.
They looked at each other and Brendon gave Sarah a nod.

"I'm pregnant." She blurted out.