Chapter 26

~8 months later~

School was coming to a close. Nothing has really happened in the last few months but let me just give you an update. So Cassidy never got her revenge on me.. as hard as she tried, it just never happened. Jett and I... well.. Jett and I broke up. I know. It was a hard break up but with the help of Poppy and Sarah I got through it. Brendon isn't too good at helping when it comes to boys. Brendon and Sarah have made the wedding plans. They decided that after the baby is born, they'll get married because Sarah doesn't want to have her stomach bulging out at her wedding. So as I said, not a lot has happened. I mean, unless you consider that a lot, I just see a typical teenage girl's life right there. Oh and I forgot to mention, as of right now, I'm currently sitting in the hospital. Yep, that's right! Brendon and Sarah are in the hospital room. Poppy is here with me along with Sarah and Brendon's parents, waiting for the arrival of baby Urie.

I bounce my leg up and down nervously, waiting for the doctor to come out of the room and announce the news.
"Laur, it's fine. You have nothing to be nervous about." Poppy said.
"What? How do you know I'm nervous. I'm not nervous why would you say that?" I replied rather quickly, still bouncing my leg.
"Well for starters I'm your best friend and I know when you're nervous. And two, you're biting your nails and bouncing your leg up and down which you tend to do when you're anxious or nervous." Poppy explains.
"Ugh." I moaned out.
Just as I was about to get up and start pacing, the doctor came out of the room and approached us.
"Are you the family of Brendon Urie and Sarah Orzechowski?" He asked.
I jumped out of my seat and answered for all of us.
"Yes!" I blurted out instantly.
"Well then, congratulations. Sarah had a beautiful baby girl." the doctor announced.
I ran past him and sprinted into the room. Everyone else followed but I wanted to be the first one (other than Sarah and Brendon) to see my baby sister. I bursted into the room and walked closer to the hospital bed. Brendon and Sarah looked up and smiled at me. Sarah was holding a baby wrapped in a pink blanket and a pink cap. I cupped my hands around my mouth and gasped softly. She's so beautiful. She has Sarah's blue eyes. And Brendon's features.
"You wanna hold her?" Sarah asked.
"Can I?" I questioned.
She handed the baby to me and I held her in my arms.
"Welcome to the world. I'm your big sister. You'll be seeing me a lot. I love you." I whispered.
She cooed and grabbed at my hair. I smiled at her and then handed her back to Sarah.
"So what are you naming her?" I asked.
Sarah and Brendon looked at each other smiling.
"We're naming her Larissa Noelle Urie." Sarah confirmed.
"I love it!" I exclaimed happily.
I looked back at Poppy and my grandparents. They were all smiling. I smiled back and then took a step back from the bed so that everyone got a chance to hold her. I watched happily at everything happening. It was beautiful. I can't believe that this is finally happening. God, I just can't stop looking at how beautiful Larissa is. I can't wait to be home with her too. I think a few nights will be restless but I'll get used to it eventually. My sleep schedule is always messed up anyways. I think school nights will be the most rough but that's okay. High school was a hassle this year but now that I'm used to everything, tenth grade should be a little bit easier. I spaced out for a second but was returned to reality when Poppy said my name. I looked over at her and smiled.
"Congratulations Laur." she said.
"Thanks Pops." I replied.
"I better get going before my parents get mad since it's pretty late. I'll see ya." She said.
"Okay. See ya." I said watching her walk out of the room.

I laid by Sarah's side on the bed. She smiled at me and handed Larissa off to Brendon. He looked down at her smiling. They're so great. Sarah stroked my hair.
"I can't believe this Laurel." Sarah said in a shocked way.
I smiled.
"Me either." I said.
"I mean, I carried her around in my stomach for nine months and here she is. Our beautiful baby girl." she explained.
"That must be such a great feeling Sarah." I said.
"It is." She replied.
Before I knew it, I was drifting off into sleep. Tonight was such a great night.

I woke up in the hospital chair by Sarah with the sun shining in my eyes. I checked my phone and my eyes widened. It was Wednesday. Crap I have school and I'm two hours late! I frantically looked around for Brendon since Sarah was sleeping still. Larissa was still in her bassinet sleeping peacefully. I looked around but Brendon wasn't there. I hopped up and walked down the hallways. I went to the cafeteria where Brendon was drinking his coffee and eating a muffin. I ran over to him.
"Dad! Dad, dad, dad I'm late for school, it's Wednesday and I have school but I woke up late ugh!" I explained quickly.
"Sweetie, you don't think I know that?" Brendon questioned.
I looked at him confused.
"I let you sleep in. Do you seriously think we were going to make you go to school the day after your baby sister is born?" He asked.
"Oh." I said.
I walked towards the coffee brewer and poured myself some coffee. I put some cream in it and grabbed a glazed donut to eat.
"So... are you excited?" I asked Brendon.
"What kind of a question is that? Of course I'm excited! Laurel, I... I have all I've ever wanted. Two beautiful kids and a soon to be wife. The band is doing good. Everything is perfect." He answered.
I smiled at him.
"Everything's going pretty perfect for me too Brendon." I said.
He smiled back at me. I just can't get over the fact that I have a baby sister. I wonder if she's good at singing. Ugh I have to wait to find out. Oh well. After finishing breakfast, I went back to the room. Brendon was almost finished with his muffin when I left so he should be here soon. I walked through the door and took Larissa out of her bassinet. I held her in my arms and smiled at her.

Welcome to your life Larissa Noelle, welcome to your life.