Chapter 16: Dispute

Soundwave stared at the streets below. He observed the humans as they ran around looking for each other and surveying the damage. He silently scanned the city once more in search for the Autobots. No doubt they had already masked their signals. He glanced at three jets that flew towards him. Megatron had left him in charge of the search, and he was not about to show up empty handed. The Decepticon leader had left the city and gone back to an island on the lake. He wanted a better base that could be away from prying eyes. The communication specialist watched as the three aircrafts flew over him. A moment later he heard them transform and land just behind him on the building. He didn't acknowledge their existence.

"We searched the city as Megatron commanded. But have failed our leader in locating the accursed Autobots." The one called Lugnut said. Soundwave didn't move as he continued to scan. He wasn't sure he liked these cons, of course he only respected Megatron. Lugnut was painstakingly loyal, but lacked the processor to actually think.

"I suggest we go back to Megatron and tell him it's a waste of time!" The Starscream of this world said, as he broke the silence. He was just as annoying if not more than the seeker he knew. Probably just as treacherous.

"Perhaps ze Autobots have found a way to hide zeir signals, and we need a stronger scanner." The one called Blitzwing thought out loud. They were now figuring that out?

The cons started to bicker and argue with each other. Mostly Lugnut and Starscream, Blitzwing couldn't get a word in. Soundwave turned around and faced the cons, they instantly went silent. He just stared at them as he looked them over. After a few moments of silence, he turned back around and stared back at the street.

"Not much for words." Blitzwing mumbled. Starscream growled in annoyance.

"I am second in command, and I am in charge of leading the Decepticons not you." Starscream said angrily as he stared at the cons back. There was no response.

"You dare to defy me!?" He said voice rising.

Soundwave didn't move which annoyed the con even more. Starscream growled angrily and pulled out a bomb, he flung it at the silent con. Soundwave spun around and caught the small device. Without breaking optic contact with the seeker he stood up straight and forcefully threw the bomb on the street below, not caring about the damage that it caused. They heard people scream as it went off. The con didn't flinch as a cloud of smoke and sparks flew into the sky. One of Soundwaves tentacles shot out and attached itself to Starscreams chest plate.

"What in Primus?" The seeker said as he looked at it.

He suddenly cried out as electricity coursed through his body and he collapsed to the ground. Soundwave didn't stop as the con lay there, he applied a little more. The other two stared at him in surprise and they weren't sure what to do.

After a moment the communication specialist stopped and retracted his tentacle. He straightened up and looked at the other two. They just stared at him optics wide. Starscream shakily got to his knees and glared at the silent con.

"You'll pay for that you filthy scum!" The seeker yelled as he aimed his guns at him and powered them up.

Soundwave easily dodged as he fired taking a step closer as he did. The communication specialist dodged again and punched the seeker hard in the face plate. Starscream yelled in surprise as he fell over on his chest plate. He moved to get up but was smashed down again as Soundwave set his ped on his helm. The seeker struggled to get up and the con pressed harder to keep him from moving. Soundwave leaned down foot still on his helm, and the seeker looked up at his visor. The only thing he saw was his own reflection.

Soundwave heard a beep and he received instructions from Megatron to return to the base. The communication specialist straightened up and walked to the edge of the building. He glanced over his shoulder at them as Starscream stood up. He jumped into the air, quickly transformed into his alternate mode, and flew off. Blitzwing looked at the other two. His head spun to black.

"They say I'm crazy! But he's insane!" He said before laughing hysterically and flying after him.

Lugnut just stood there and stared at the fading jets blankly. When he couldn't hear Blitzwings laughter anymore he transformed and followed. Starscream on the other hand just stood there and glared after them. He clenched his servos and growled angrily.

"I am in charge of the Decepticons, or at least second in command. You better watch your back Soundwave because your time will be short lived in this world." Starscream seethed. He transformed and flew after them. Anger burning in his spark. He was going to get rid of the silent con, he just had to wait for the right time.

~~

Megatron turned to the opposite wall and glared at it. He thought about the cons in this dimension and now questioned their loyalty. They were currently out looking for the Autobots again. He glanced over his shoulder plate at the communication specialist who just stood there.

"Thank you Soundwave, for informing me about our.....fellow Decepticons." He growled. The silent con nodded once.

"Why haven't we been successful in locating the Autobots?" Megatron asked. He turned and looked at the con. Soundwave pulled up a picture of the Autobot pets and focused on the smallest one.

"You suspect he came with them and is somehow preventing your scanners from locating the Autobots." He said as he raised an optic ridge. The con nodded once.

"It's a shame we don't have better technology. Though I suspect you already have a suggestion to lure them out." He muttered. Soundwave nodded again and walked away. Megatron smiled wickedly.