Chapter 35: End Game

Boss bot towered over the Decepticon and glared. Megatron growled at him through gritted teeth and tried to get up. The bot aimed his ax at him, the con growled again.

"Don't move." The Prime said as he narrowed his optics.

Megatron glanced behind the bot briefly and grinned. Boss bot suddenly felt something sharp go into his shoulder plate. His optics widened as the something was pushed further in. He looked over and saw Soundwave step back. The con punched him in the helm with surprising strength and he fell to his knee plates.

The communication specialist casually walked over to his leader and helped him up. Boss bot heard a roar from the creature and he suddenly started sliding backwards. He looked up and saw Soundwave twist the relic, the portal started to close. The Autobots optics widened and he buried his ax into the ground. Soundwave slowly stepped forward.

"PRIME!!" Doc bot yelled as he continued to push the monster back into the closing portal.

The other bots looked towards him, they saw one of the creatures cables lodged in his shoulder plate. Optimus tried to get up and stumbled. He looked up optics wide as he saw Soundwave approach his counterpart. He looked up at the medic.

"The..... girl...." he rasped.

Rachet looked back at the distressed bot optics wide. He jumped to his peds and ran towards him, transforming his servos as he went. Soundwave noticed the Autobots running towards him. The con kicked the Prime hard in the chest plate. He looked down optics wide as he remembered the girl was still in him. The cable pulled on him and he yelled as his grip started to slip. The con punched him hard in the helm and he lost his hold. The Prime grabbed at the road as he took to the air. He tried to grab anything to stop himself from going into the portal. He deployed his grappling hooks but they didn't hold. He yelled angrily as the ground disappeared.

The others desperately tried to grab him. Prowl and Bee jumped off the buildings and each held on to one of his peds. Arcee yelled as she pulled out her blades and cut the cable as she came down. The monster screeched as the portal closed and the four bots fell to the earth below.

Doc bot quickly turned his magnetic field against the cons to hold them down. The four bots landed hard on the ground and Bulkhead ran over with Rachet. The Prime stared at his chest plate and cautiously opened it. Rachet hesitantly walked closer, afraid of what he might see. A little hand shakily grabbed the side and the others gasped. They hadn't realized she was inside.

"Sari are you alright?" Bee asked as he helped her out. She looked pale and shook a little.

"I'm good. Just a little..." her hand flew to her mouth.

"Wow careful!" Bee said as he held her out at arms length. "I've seen what that stuff looks like, and I don't like it." He said as she held onto his digit.

"Is.....is it over?" Bulkhead asked as he looked around at the rubble and destruction. The others got to their peds.

"Not quite." Prowl growled as he walked over to the cons. They quickly followed. Rachet walked over to Optimus and tried to help him up, but he was too tired and weak.

"Bee! We have to help him!" Sari said as she looked over at them.

The little bot slid and ran over to the two mechs. Optimus grunted and tried to get up again, but ended up falling on his side. Bee knelt by him and held the girl up so she could reach his spark chamber. She quickly put the key in place and turned it. The key glowed and the mech grit his teeth. After a few moments it stopped and he panted heavily. He looked up at his friend and smiled weakly. The medic set a hand on his shoulder plate.

"You can't fight him again." Rachet muttered as he helped him stand.

Optimus stumbled a little and the other two stopped him from falling. They carefully walked over to the cons who were still stuck in the magnetic field and trying to get out. The bots had managed to get the relic from them and they handed it to Optimus. The warlord growled when he saw his foe still standing and he fought against the field.

"It's over Megatron." Optimus rasped as he stopped a few feet away. Bee held on to one of his arms to keep him steady. Sari had run to a building and hid to stay out of the way.

"It isn't over until you're no longer breathing." The con seethed.

He yelled again and broke free from the field. Doc bot grunted as the con punched him away. The Autobots quickly jumped in front of Optimus to protect him. They fought the two cons with what they had left. Rachet grabbed the relic and quickly twisted it. The device glowed and hummed again. He aimed it at the two cons as they got shoved back and a beam shot out.

"Stand clear!" He shouted.

The others scattered and Megatron growled as he fought it. Rachet twisted it again and the wind picked up as the portal appeared below the two cons. Soundwave grabbed at the ground as he got sucked in. Megatron lunged forward and managed to grab Rachets ped as he started to go in.

The medic fell to the ground but held onto the relic. He grabbed the ground with one servo as Megatron dragged him. Optimus stepped forward and punched the con as hard as he could in the face plate. The con yelled and let go of the medic as he fell through. The communication specialist attempt to grab one of them but fell through as well. The portal closed and the air fell silent. They looked around at all the destruction and then at each other.

"Now... it's over." Prowl panted as he answered Bulkheads long forgotten question.