Chapter 23. Birthday Date (part 1)

(Y/n) POV

I woke up to the smell of something burning. I got up and headed towards the kitchen worried about what the smell was. I opened the door to the kitchen.

"Sanji? Are you alright?" I asked. Then I opened the door all the way and saw the kitchen was a HUGE mess. I saw Luffy in front of the oven, he looked panicked and had flour covering him he also had an egg that had been cracked on his arm and other sorts of food were splattered on him.

"Luffy! What re you doing!?" I ran over to him and saw a fire in the oven. I turned on the sink and filled a cup with water and put out the fire. I turned to Luffy. "What were you doing!? You could have burnt down the whole ship!! Or hurt yourself!"

He looked down. "Please don't be mad at me."

I looked at him and felt kinda bad for yelling at him. "I'm not mad. I'm sorry I yelled. I was just worried, but what on earth were you doing?"

"I was trying to make you a special breakfast. As part of your birthday date." He said quietly.

I smiled softly and bent down next to him. "Luffy, you didn't have to do it. I would rather you be safe than have a special breakfast."

He looked up at me. "But I wanted it to be a really special day, so I wanted it to start with a special breakfast."

I kissed his cheek where there wasn't any flour. "This day is already special. Because I'm spending it with you. Why don't you go clean yourself up and I'll make us some breakfast, OK?"

He smiled "OK!" He leaned in for a kiss but I stopped him making him give me a confused look.

I giggled. "I'll kiss you once your clean! Right now your to dirty!"

He got up and left the kitchen while I stood up and began to cook.

I made eggs and bacon and pancakes with hash browns and orange juice. I was in the middle of flipping a pancake when I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind making me smile.

"I'm clean now! So can I have my kiss!"

I smiled and turned around to face him. "Of course." He smiled and pulled me closer to him and gently kissing me. I wrapped my arms around him. We kissed for a few seconds until I had to finish the cooking.

Luffy sat down at the table obviously ready to eat. I giggled st him and set the food down in front of him and grabbed us both plates. Luffy instantly began eating.

"I like it when you cook for me! I love Sanji's cooking, but it feels special when you cook for me!"

I blushed. "Aw thank you Luffy." I got up and took his plate kissing his head before I took the dishes to the sink. "I'm ready to go to the island when you are!"

"Are you sure your ready?"

"Yes, why?"

"Well, your still wearing your PJs!"

I looked down at my sweatpants and solid (f/c) shirt. "Oh yeah. I forgot to change. I'll be right back."

"OK! I'll be waiting for you outside!"

I nodded my head an went to our room. I looked around through my clothes. I wanted to wear something special sense it was a special date, but I didn't want anything formal though because I honestly had no clue what Luffy had planned. I finally found an outfit I thought was ok.(a/n this is your outfit. You can change color if you want. I feel so weird making the outfit a dress. I never west dresses.)