2.

Nathaniel's Point Of View

So today is the first day of camp. Well not real "day". There's no activities today. We're just meeting the kids really. It's Monday. The age group is 10 to 16, which is a pretty wide range.

Hunter, Lina, Dakota, Reid, Cameron and I are all here. Reid wasn't originally supposed to really be here but since Cameron still isn't allowed to technically play lacrosse, Reid is doing that activity with him. That's also what Reid wants to do at UCLA. He wants to play lacrosse as a major.

The campers are arriving now. Oh shit. Taylor's 15... Shit.

"Nathan! Watch out!" I hear Lina say from a distance. Then I suddenly feel a very tight squeeze from someone and hear "NATHAN!!!" Too. I look down. It's Taylor, she's not very tall. I'm 6 ft now so... She's like 5 4" or something. That's what Lina said.

"Please let go," I say. I'm starting to have a harder time breathing. Jesus. She has a tight grip.

"You're gonna end up killing him," someone says. It's a girl. She pulls Taylor off. Lina runs over.

"So sorry, Taylor can I have a moment with you?" She says. Taylor opens her mouth to speak, but Lina takes her by her hair and drags her quite some feet away.

The girl that took Taylor off of me has long blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. Kinda like Reids' eyes. She's wearing a white runner back tank top with an aqua sports bra and jean shorts.

 She's wearing a white runner back tank top with an aqua sports bra and jean shorts

As far as I can tell she has 4 tattoos

As far as I can tell she has 4 tattoos. Her shirt is practically see through. The one on her stomach is a shooting star. The one on her back is a dream catcher. The one on her left arm is like a vine of roses. She also has one on her left leg. It's a few butterflies on a vine too.

"Hey, you're Nate

"Hey, you're Nate. Cam's friend right?" She says.

"Yeah, and you are?" I ask.

"I'm Alice," she says then puts her left hand out to shake. I shake it. "I'm one of his biological sisters. You really are like Cam," she says.

"Because I'm a lefty?" I ask.

"Yeah that, but some other stuff and interests," she says.

"Okay then," I say.

"Hey, all of you, over here," I hear Eric say. From a distance. Eric, short for Erickson, is Cam and I guess now Alice's uncle. He runs and funds most of the camp. My dad also helps fund a lot of the stuff I do. Alice and I walk over to where he is standing. He is with the other councilors. Including, Cameron, Lina, Dakota, Hunter, and Reid. The camps' name is Camp Hudson, named after Cameron's dad. His parents died on 9/11. They were on that plane. So he and all his sisters live with his uncle. "So," he continues, "here are the lists of the kids that will be in each of your cabins." Then he gives us each a list of people. "You will all have either boys or girls, for obvious reasons. So how this whole week will go is each day there will be a different 'main' activity. For any injuries, we will have someone able to take care of that while the other is teaching their activity. So the two medics will be Nathan and Dakota. I know that you two are good with that stuff. Anyway, you guys will have to wear some sort of band so other kids can identify you they go on your shirt sleeve," he says and gives me and Dakota the things. Then he keeps ranting on about how the days will work.

*****

By now it's almost 10:00pm. Cameron said that his uncle wants us asleep by 10:30ish. We're all by the camp fire. The kids are all asleep. There were 72 kids in total. Cameron said there were over 100 last year.

Cameron has an acoustic guitar that he wants me to tune so he brought it to the fire. We've just been chatting. Lina has her head on my shoulder.

"So guys, I meant to ask you this earlier, but I was scared. I think now that you'll understand though, and I'm ready to tell you all," Cameron says.

"Don't be scared. They'll understand what you say, trust me," Reid says.

"Just ask us, you have nothing to be afraid of," Dakota says.

"Okay," Cameron says, then takes a deep breath and says, "I-I'm bi."

"Okay, and that changes let's see... nothing. Absolutely nothing Cameron," Hunter says. "I mean Nate's here-"

"You didn't need to out me," I sigh.

"Okay but it's not like nobody knew," Hunter says. "Pretty much everyone here knows you're bi."

"Is it that obvious?" I ask as I look up from the guitar.

Everyone just avoids eye contact with me. Assholes. I don't know what would've given that away.

"I mean I thought you were gay until I met Lina," Reid says.

I sigh as most of them nod in agreement.

"Hey," I complain.

"Hey Nate, do you remember when we first met? You would get red whenever I talked to you," Reid says. Which is completely true.

"Reid we're not gonna talk about that," I say putting my hands on my face in embarrassment. "I swear I'm not in love with Reid," I say to Lina. Then I kiss her on her head.

"So you're both bisexual?" Dakota asks.

"I mean I guess you could say that... Technically yes," Hunter says and shrugs.

"Yeah," I say.

"We should have someone sing," Cameron says.

"Yeah, that'd be cool," Lina says.

"Why don't you sing?" Reid says.

"Yeah," Hunter says.

"Fine," Lina says.

I start playing a few notes from the song Unwritten. She starts singing immediately.