11. [Extra, Read Not Needed]

Brandon's Point Of View

"Easton, I'm back!" I yell when I get back to my family's house in Los Angeles. I put my car keys on the counter. Easton is staying here for a few weeks in the spare bedroom because he's having some family issues. My family is rarely here so I get it to myself if I'm in town. He doesn't answer. So I yell, "EASTON! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THIS HOUSE!"

"Brandon..." I hear someone else's voice. I walk to the staircase, it seems to be coming from there. I see Easton's boyfriend coming down.

"Nathan? What are you doing here?" I ask. Then say, "You're not supposed to be driving yet." He was found outside in his backyard. He was shot 4 times, 3 direct hits, one skim. Plus he broke his arms too. Both of them. So he has 2 casts. One goes past his elbow. One stops right before his elbow.

"Easton called... I... I... I didn't know what to do. I panicked. So I got my sister to drive me here," he says as he reaches the step above me. His pitch black hair is all messed up. He looks like someone just died.

"How long have you been here?" I ask.

"24 minutes," he says.

"Where's Easton?" I ask.

"In the bedroom," he says. I don't hesitate to run up the stairs. I run down the hall to the spare bedroom. The door is closed. I barge it open, which was unnecessary, but I've always wanted to do it. Nathan is behind me. I walk in. Easton is on the floor, his phone in hand. I bend down and check for a pulse. There's a faint one, but otherwise he's out cold.

"What did he say?" I ask Nathan.

"He said something about a girl," he says shrugging.

"Did he say her name?" I ask.

"Jessica or Jess or Jelly?" He says scratching his head.

"That's his half sister," I say.

"I thought his half sisters' name was Acissej with a silent j," he says.

"That's Jessica spelled backwards," I say.

"Oh," he says leaning against the doorframe. He's uneasy and a little unsteady. This is too much for him to handle right now. Then he asks, "Well... What's... What's... What's wrong... With... With... With her?" He asks. Now he's using the doorframe for support.

"Nathan, take it easy," I say walking back to the doorway.

"Brandon... I'm... I think... Gonna black out... Soon," he says. As I reach the doorframe.

"How would you know that?" I ask. Then he collapses. I catch him, then gently put him on the ground. I take out my phone and dial for an ambulance.