19. [Extra, Read Not Needed]

Brandon's Point Of View

"Jesus christ, I'm so glad you're here," I say and hug her. Today is Tuesday. Dakota drove down to LA to meet me at the hospital. I've been worried sick for Easton, and Nathan. But Nathan is doing good. He has his blood transfusion an hour ago. As for Easton, I have no idea what the hell they are doing to him. We're in the waiting room.

"Brandon, I'm sure they're both fine," she says.

"What if they're not?" I ask. I can't loose two of my best friends.

"Hey, why don't we go see Nathan?" She asks. Then lets go. I nod. She puts her right hand in my left and takes me down the hall.

"Do you even know what room?" I ask.

"Yes, yes I do," she says, as we stop at room A56.

"Is it this one," I say pointing to room A56.

"No, it's all the way down there, room D68," she says.

"Oh, okay," I say and start walking in the direction of where she pointed.

I feel her hand on my shoulder and she pulls me so I turn around. Then she says, "Oh my god Brandon, you idiot. It is room A56. I was being sarcastic."

"Oh," I say. Then I turn the knob on the door. But I don't open it.

"Brandon, don't worry or think. Just do. I'm sure he wants to see you, I don't know what you're scared about," she says.

"Okay," I say. I take a deep breath and walk in.

There's a nurse in there taking an IV

There's a nurse in there taking an IV. She then gets up and walks out the door, completely ignoring Dakota and I. Rude. "Thanks for nothing," Nathan mumbles.

"Hey," I say walking over to him. He's sitting on the bed. He's in a black graphic tee with white writing that says "California", some black basketball shorts, black and grey elites and obviously his cast. Wait cast? Oh, he had one removed, probably for the IV? Don't know, I don't do this med stuff. His hair is messy. Like real messy, and he's pale, but he did just have a blood transfusion so...

 Like real messy, and he's pale, but he did just have a blood transfusion so

"So, why are you guys here?" He asks.

"He was worried," Dakota says.

"Oh," Nathan says.

"Aren't you supposed to be resting or something?" I ask him.

"Eh," he says and shrugs.

"How've you been doing?" Dakota asks.

"I've been fine Dakota, fine I tell you, no more mental stuff," he says.

"Anyway... I like your socks," I say.

"Thanks, yours aren't half bad yourself," he says.

"Okay. What the hell is up with you two and socks?!!?" Dakota questions.

"That's like saying what the hell is up with you and Luna dying your hair," Nathan says.

"That is true," I say.

"I mean I feel like it just suits us, ya know," she says.

"Yeah, well boys can dye their hair too," I say.

"And girls can were cool socks too," she says.

"Does it hurt?" I ask as I look down at his arm that has the tube and everything attached

"No," he says as he moves his hand around.

"You might not want to do that, incase it comes out," Dakota says.

"Ha! I could care less, I mean, I'm gonna die anyway," he says.

"What do you mean?" I ask. I sit down on the end of the bed.

"From the transfusion," he says looking down at his hand with the IV.

"Hey, don't say that, it's a very very very low possibility," Dakota says.

"Well... My luck... It's... It's... Uh..." He starts, but then he starts coughing.

"Nathan, are you okay," I ask.

"Yeah... I'm... *cough* fine," he says, he sounds like he's having trouble breathing.

"Nathan, I'm calling for a nurse, you're having trouble breathing," Dakota says.

"No... Please... I... I," he says. That's the last thing he says. He collapses, I catch him. I hear people running down the hall, heavily. I search for a pulse. I can't seem to find it! Shit! Shit! Shit! The nurses barge in. They take him on a stretcher out the room. Dakota and I are speechless.

"Dakota," I say.

"It's gonna be alright, Brandon. He's a fighter," she says and comes over to me and gives me a big hug. I believe in you Nathan. I really do.